Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been driving for about 1 week now with mainly the premise that I will do this on the Weekend and maybe a couple of weeknights.

So far, the forum topics have been really useful as we all know that Uber training is non-existent and that we are on our own as new drivers. The veterans are great and there is a lot of good information to peruse during downtime.

After a couple of 2-3 hour sessions out in the field, I felt ready to handle a weekend night crowd. My 1st Friday night was this past weekend, picked up about 5 rides with one being a surge pricing $40 fare. Not bad.

This past Saturday was very interesting for me. After picking up some folks around Santa Rosa and was given a nice $20 tip for a $20 fare, I picked up a couple from Downtown who was staying in Napa. 50 miles away. I'm new and thought to myself, "let's go on an adventure". Non-surge pricing though. $85 fare. I thought about staying in Napa for an hour or two and maybe pickup a Pax back to Santa Rosa and after 2 rides in Napa, I got a Pax that wanted to go to San Francisco (57 miles away) at 11:00 PM. 2.9 surge pricing. Final fare, $284 with my cut $220.

I was floored though I know I was driving with a dead load on the way back to Santa Rosa as I was tired but for a night of my cut at $300 + $20 tip on 200 miles. I was okay with everything. I'm sure I hit the lotto on 2 large fares in one night but it was an easy drive.

So I'm in as a part-time income driver. At least on most weekend outside of Oct-16 through Oct-18. Thanks for the advice on the other forum topics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Im a Santa Rosa Driver

If you upload the Voxer app on your phone and create a user name and give it to me I can put uou in our 2-way radio communication we use around here.

Aloha

Hello everyone,

I've been driving for about 1 week now with mainly the premise that I will do this on the Weekend and maybe a couple of weeknights.

So far, the forum topics have been really useful as we all know that Uber training is non-existent and that we are on our own as new drivers. The veterans are great and there is a lot of good information to peruse during downtime.

After a couple of 2-3 hour sessions out in the field, I felt ready to handle a weekend night crowd. My 1st Friday night was this past weekend, picked up about 5 rides with one being a surge pricing $40 fare. Not bad.

This past Saturday was very interesting for me. After picking up some folks around Santa Rosa and was given a nice $20 tip for a $20 fare, I picked up a couple from Downtown who was staying in Napa. 50 miles away. I'm new and thought to myself, "let's go on an adventure". Non-surge pricing though. $85 fare. I thought about staying in Napa for an hour or two and maybe pickup a Pax back to Santa Rosa and after 2 rides in Napa, I got a Pax that wanted to go to San Francisco (57 miles away) at 11:00 PM. 2.9 surge pricing. Final fare, $284 with my cut $220.

I was floored though I know I was driving with a dead load on the way back to Santa Rosa as I was tired but for a night of my cut at $300 + $20 tip on 200 miles. I was okay with everything. I'm sure I hit the lotto on 2 large fares in one night but it was an easy drive.

So I'm in as a part-time income driver. At least on most weekend outside of Oct-16 through Oct-18. Thanks for the advice on the other forum topics.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum, dbackagain and 95403.

Hey 95403, are you from HI?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts