Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in South Sacramento / Elk Grove and there's not much going on here. Should I check the map and drive to a yellow and above area?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
hould I check the map and drive to a yellow and above area?
No. Never chase a surge (red) or a potential surge (orange/yellow). That's what Uber wants. They want drivers to chase the surge in hopes of getting a 1.x+ fare, but the sheer purpose of this is not to give you more money, but to get more drivers there, thus ending the surge. Uber doesn't have the driver in mind - they want to give the pax the cheap rate, and if it takes a bit of enticing to get drivers to the area, then so be it; take a 1.x, slave driver!

What you should do is position yourself somewhere in your town that's normally busy (downtown, lunch spots, etc.) and turn on the Uber rider app. Move the map around and see where cars are disappearing from, and if it's not too far, drive towards there. Last thing you want to do is drive "dead miles" (driving with no pax) looking for more rides.

I can't speak to specifics in your town, since I'm in Texas, but that seems to work for most areas.

Cheers.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depends on how much you love your car.

Once you realize the depreciation and dead miles that you put on your car, you can then decide how you want to run your profit model.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I live in South Sacramento / Elk Grove and there's not much going on here. Should I check the map and drive to a yellow and above area?
Be where the potential passengers are. Use the passenger app. If you don't see many other cars in your area chances are there aren't many passengers to be had. If you are the only car around don't bother driving. You will get requests from 10-20 minutes away which offers you the unique opportunity to lose money while depreciating your automobile.

Learn about the airports in your area, colleges, sporting evens, entertainment, bar hours, etc...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I live about 10 miles from the city of Chicago I chase yellow and orange areas from the west suburbs. If I can't get my car into an area where money can be made there is no point.

To position yourself decently you need to know where they the bars are the comedy clubs theaters what what time the shows let out what time when the bars close house music.

It's pretty much commercial and retail areas in the evening residential areas in the morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts