Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post. I'm about 27 rides in. I've been checking out the forum and believe I read something about core and promotions. I take core to mean the central main part of Los Angeles. There's nothing on my promo pop-up that states I need to be in a certain area to take advantage of the promotion but I believe I read that you in fact need to be in the core area for the promo to be satisfied. Can someone please clarify for me? Thanks.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Thanks Showa50 for the reply. My promo looks like this. Nothing is mentioned about location.
Damn, you got Showa50 to reply? He's like a legend around here. Plus Uber loves him:oops: which is why we do too:rolleyes:.

Just poke around on your drivers app under promotions and it'll have a map of core L.A. but I've had two times in the last week when I've accepted stacked pings from inside the boundaries only to discover the ping was from just outside the boundary and they don't pay that so be careful when you approach the lines

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
1st post. I'm about 27 rides in. I've been checking out the forum and believe I read something about core and promotions. I take core to mean the central main part of Los Angeles. There's nothing on my promo pop-up that states I need to be in a certain area to take advantage of the promotion but I believe I read that you in fact need to be in the core area for the promo to be satisfied. Can someone please clarify for me? Thanks.
always remember that the pop up doesn't clarify. you have to look at the email.
the core is not the central part of La, but from dtLa to hollywood, west hollywood, beverly hills, and santa monica.
also, the guarantee is actually about $20 an hour after uber fees. and even less after expenses.
also note that you won't get paid the hourly if you have a good acceptance rating during the hourly period. uber actually requires you to keep your acceptance rate up during "all hours online". this is why i don't do it anymore. uber didn't pay me twice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts