Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did alright with the airport boost last night from 9-1pm I drove and got 3 rides

Is the boost all night again tonight
In the app it just says 6-9. I got the email that says 1.7 but it doesn't say that in app

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I haven't gotten any boost for ewr in a while. Used go get them almost every week.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they pick and choose who to send them to
I am fairly new to uber since January
Do they give new riders hope and show the a taste of the good life to keep them onboard ?

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Did alright with the airport boost last night from 9-1pm I drove and got 3 rides

Is the boost all night again tonight
In the app it just says 6-9. I got the email that says 1.7 but it doesn't say that in app
Only 6-9 for me too and 1.3 only. I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
They texted me and said 1.7 boosts this week in Newark lol and to check app
Bait and switch? lol
You are right.. I just went back to that text (got it today 9:30am), and loaded the link which opened in the app. It shows the schedule as "Today 1.3x-1.7x", "Tuesday 1.7x" and "Suanday 1.3x-1.7x"

And now that I did that the detailed schedule it's showing in the promotions even if I restart the app. Try clicking that link in the text then it might load them for you too.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I did not get ewr boost for a long time. It is 30 mile drive from my home. I am jot going to drive dead 30 miles, so i can make .87 per mile gross, no way.
I am getting East orange, newark and irvington boost, too bad. I do not have bullet proof jacket to work in those areas.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
i have the boost right now for 9-2. how is it there on monday nights?
Used to be almost as busy as Sunday nights but I havent been down there on a Monday night since they stopped sending me guarantees

·
Registered
470 Posts
Used to be almost as busy as Sunday nights but I havent been down there on a Monday night since they stopped sending me guarantees
I caught 1 ride out, i got there late and had to wait til flights came in.
Something i noticed from terminal A is all might riders from there go to hoboken. i've done 6 airport runs since saturday and all of them have gone to hoboken and started at terminal A. Weird?
Also, I don't know if its taboo to mention this but checking flight times help when trying to get passengers

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I wish I had another Essex County boost. Felt like I was back to my old ways again thanks to it.

But nope, Hudson County this week, not happening with their hellish rush hours.

·
Banned
562 Posts
I caught 1 ride out, i got there late and had to wait til flights came in.
Something i noticed from terminal A is all might riders from there go to hoboken. i've done 6 airport runs since saturday and all of them have gone to hoboken and started at terminal A. Weird?
Also, I don't know if its taboo to mention this but checking flight times help when trying to get passengers
So you sat around for 3 hours at the airport waiting for the first few planes to land? You are learning the TLC way; ask some of them, they know all about sitting around for hours with their apps on.

·
Registered
470 Posts
So you sat around for 3 hours at the airport waiting for the first few planes to land? You are learning the TLC way; ask some of them, they know all about sitting around for hours with their apps on.
you might've misunderstood me. I got there late (after 1am) and waited til 1:40ish and got a flight. don't know where or how you got 3 hours

·
Banned
562 Posts
you might've misunderstood me. I got there late (after 1am) and waited til 1:40ish and got a flight. don't know where or how you got 3 hours
I guess I misunderstood. You picked up the first flight that came in. Out of curiosity, where did that 1:40 am passenger go? I'm never there that early

·
Registered
470 Posts
I guess I misunderstood. You picked up the first flight that came in. Out of curiosity, where did that 1:40 am passenger go? I'm never there that early
That was also in the misread post lol. It went to hoboken. I had boosts from 6pm to 2am. I only did the 1am shot sonce i wasn't out driving during rhe night

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had my best night there ever last night it was surging big time towards 12-1am had 2 2.7 rides but to Newark and Rahway

A nice surge on my first ride to saddle brooke which was $60. I did about 6 rides strictly airport. Does it always surge there? I don't think I got the boost when it surged is that correct?

I guess this won't last long so I'll take what I can get
Nothing until next Sunday it says now in my app

Also when I click promotions it says there are no promotions but in my app it has Sunday as an upcoming boost for ewr why is that

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
If I ask CSRs/Hoboken office to give me back my Essex County boosts do you think they'll oblige?

Hudson County is only worth driving if I'm coming from the city or if it's the weekend. Any other time is borderline masochistic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts