Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
This is bad news for NJ drivers. With all of the rate cuts, one of (less than a handful) ways to come out ahead driving in NJ was the big fares at airport pick-ups (ie: $65 flat into NYC). If UberX drivers can't pick up at EWR, it will significantly hurt the drivers bottom line. But Uber doesn't care nor have I heard of ANY communication from them to warn drivers. It's pathetic how they throw the drivers into the pit, whatever they cover the tickets - but the whole ordeal takes a toll on the driver.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ridesharing is a new and innovative form of transportation. We are talking with policymakers in NJ to educate them about this great new option.

If you receive fines or summons because of your use of the Uber
app, please let us know right away so that we can assist you. We'll pay any fees associated with your use of the Uber app -- we have your back. So in the event of receiving a ticket, please send in a copy
of those when you write in.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best,

Aidelis

Uber Support

·
Registered
529 Posts
This jackass is just unreal...

Mike In New Jersey Diary, Journal and Report

mikeinnewjersey October 13

It is slowing down in my daytime business so Im going to have find more fares with Uber. Lets say I had all the time in the world to devote to Uber and no daytime business what would I do?
I would start my Uber day at 5am stationing myself down at a Starbucks in a wealthy suburb. My goal would be to find an airport traveler. After I found my airport traveler I would then head down to Jersey City area or another very busy densely populated business district type place to hang out for the day. I would be a lot more aggressive and take a lot more risk like doing pickups at the airpot. Not everyone who pulls in Newark airport gets arrested. Its just a few people and Uber does defend/pay for tickets. So why not risk it? If you do a pickup at the airport the fare is going to be at the very least $50. I would do Hoboken on the weekends too.
Right now, I dont have to risk it, but if this was all I had to do than I would be big time aggressive.

·
Banned
477 Posts
these same cops looking at nyc tlc cars as well?

and mike from jersey seems more like a uber mole there to spread the disinformation

******bag, quickly becoming my favorite descriptive word

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since the latest fare decrease I believe on Oct 24th it seems I'm not getting pinged for many EWR to NYC as before. Not sure if there is less demand ( I'm UberX) or Uber has the ability to route rides to certain drivers. For some reason I'm seeing a lot more personal type cars with NY TLC Plates hanging out at the 7 Eleven when I go for a some downtime.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since the latest fare decrease I believe on Oct 24th it seems I'm not getting pinged for many EWR to NYC as before. Not sure if there is less demand ( I'm UberX) or Uber has the ability to route rides to certain drivers. For some reason I'm seeing a lot more personal type cars with NY TLC Plates hanging out at the 7 Eleven when I go for a some downtime.
So cops r okay with uber x pick up? Or still u get tickets?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.