Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a new Zello channel where it's going to be strict industry talk with zero tolerance for bragging or outside talk. The room is Connecticut Transportation Network and the password is CTUBERLYFT203860.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm curious. Do you use Zello in between rides just to shoot the shit? How else does it help you? I've never tried it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I joined the old one and left after about a day...it was pretty cringe. Be nice to have one that is strictly industry talk.
It's still in the beginning stages, the more drivers we get on the channel, the more useful it will be.

I'm curious. Do you use Zello in between rides just to shoot the shit? How else does it help you? I've never tried it.
there was a channel for quick answers and light personal talk. People used to use it between rides. Then a new channel was created and out went completely personal chatter. I want to bring it back and make this a quick question and response channel with no personal talk and maybe coordinate with surges while they still exist.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like it could be useful. Information and warnings.

Just everybody has to be careful what they say because you don't know who somebody might have in the car listening. That will cost another driver tips or possibly induce some bad behavior.
that's why you go to busy. It records the conversation while the sound is off on the app.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't imagine how this is useful....
When you were new, did you wish that soneone could answer your uber questions right away? Or be able to coordinate with other drivers to get a decent surge ride? Or better yet...hand off or receive a long ride from other drivers?

·
Registered
231 Posts
When you were new, did you wish that soneone could answer your uber questions right away? Or be able to coordinate with other drivers to get a decent surge ride? Or better yet...hand off or receive a long ride from other drivers?
A) My few questions (its not rocket science) I got answered here.
B) You guys are trying to coordinate surges....probably not working though
C) if you need to hand off long rides, you need to quit

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
There are times when you would want to relay a passenger. If I ever get a fare to Buffalo I am not driving to Buffalo. Nor halfway to Buffalo.

But I don't think Zello is what you need for that, they're just going to have to ping another driver.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A) My few questions (its not rocket science) I got answered here.
B) You guys are trying to coordinate surges....probably not working though
C) if you need to hand off long rides, you need to quit
Coordinating with other drivers for events does help increase the surge and I've made good money in the past when we had a reliable channel. And sometimes I rather hand off rides to NJ because for me, the profit margin is shit. I rather work smart, not stupid. But other drivers like those rides so it would be nice.
There are times when you would want to relay a passenger. If I ever get a fare to Buffalo I am not driving to Buffalo. Nor halfway to Buffalo.

But I don't think Zello is what you need for that, they're just going to have to ping another driver.
And sometimes and nice ride work with other drivers and work together to increase group profits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts