·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Uber loses again. If judges from California to New York keep finding that Uber's constant attempts to avoid class-action suits via hidden arbitration clauses are unenforceable, at some point Uber will end up paying some big bucks. That is, $billions.

It's going to be death from 1000 cuts. If the Big Ube has to pay a $billion here and a $billion there it's going to start to add up. The Saudis didn't give The Ube $3,500,000,000.00 to pay off a bunch of lawyers, plaintiffs and state governments. And if the bucks get $BIG$ enough, the Feds are going to want their cut too.

Think of Uber as a bull that's stumbled into a pond filled with piranha. The more the bull bleeds, the more piranha will come a'swimming.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I remember what happened the last time the Saudis got robbed by American business people. I hope they don't come back to NYC looking for a payment again.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I think if there are enough instances of a company taking advantage of people that that should preclude an arbitration clause from being enforced.

A judge should be able to rule it unenforceable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts