Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Basically to discourage you and keep you open for all rides. It will be interesting to see how many DF matches one will get; Uber could easily avoid matching you with a trip to prove their point.

Not long ago I set up DF and almost immediately I got a match "towards my destination", well when I pick up the passengers and see the destination is 180 degrees the opposite to my destination WTF!!! The match took me further away from my destination.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Lol...as if earning MORE was why someone would use DF! We use DF to go in a direction we want to go instead of taking "luck of the draw." I specifically use it when I do NOT want that nice ride from South Beach to FLL...leaving me 45 miles from home at the end of my shift!

I use DF pretty rarely -- not as often as I should -- but when I use it, I am very pleased with the results.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Last 2 months both DFs worse than before. Today out the door first trip commercial blvd to palm beach near breakers $40.

Then I set both DF back to FLL and 6 hours later with $65 I made it back to FLL. A struggle All the rides Uber X except 2 lousy line rides. Burned both Uber DF and 5 lyft DF.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Saw that yesterday also. Don't Uber understand that the reason for using this feature is to hopefully find a ride going in the direction you are heading, usually home?
Since when does Uber truly care about the driver? Passengers they care about and that's why having a passenger wait a few extra minute so a driver from slightly further away to arrive fir a ride home to the drivers destination is unacceptable to Uber

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not long ago I set up DF and almost immediately I got a match "towards my destination", well when I pick up the passengers and see the destination is 180 degrees the opposite to my destination WTF!!! The match took me further away from my destination.
Lyft does that a lot. Complaining to them is useless.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use DF pretty rarely -- not as often as I should -- but when I use it, I am very pleased with the results.
I use it all the time and it's usually been effective but not lately which may be because of our slow season. I used it again yesterday up in Boynton Beach to try to get to FLL and didn't get that notification, didn't get any rides either so I gave up in Boca.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you set a time? You know how Uber makes it seem like such a great feature of DF that you can tell them what time you need to get there? Well if you set a time, and naturally you want to give yoursel plenty of time, Uber figures they can send you 15-20 minutes in opposite direction and you can still get to your destination by when you specified.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Basically to discourage you and keep you open for all rides. It will be interesting to see how many DF matches one will get; Uber could easily avoid matching you with a trip to prove their point.

Stop complaining about the destination filter and stop driving for Uber then!

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
Lyft's DF worthless. It freaking navigates. You set a destination, it takes you out onto the freeway. You gonna get any rides on I-95? Hiw freaking stupid are these guys? (Rhetorical question)
It shows how much they care about the drivers.

Many times I've used the Lyft DF from Miami to Fll and as I'm approaching Hollywood lyft send me a ride back to Miami. I cancel and tell the pax why

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I've never had it go the opposite direction, but I have had it take me miles out west when I find myself in Palm Beach area late in the day and want to get back to Miami. Picking up someone in Deerfield and taking them out to Coral Springs kinda sucks when you want to get back to Miami.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts