Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is this. And they want to rent you a Tesla for $340 a week????
I, for one, cannot survive on this. These prices were from the weekend nighttime. No surges. I have had at least 15 rides if not more for less than $5 for more than 25 minutes of driving to and giving the ride. I am also getting pulled way out of town often so I cannot make the promotions and at this rate I will not be able to do Uber anymore. This is barely amounting to minimum wage.
Map Font Line Screenshot Parallel

Furthermore, when you get there, they are not ready. 10-15 minutes and then you have to wait until it is time to cancel. Several people were not even there yet. At this rate the fare is not much more than a cancellation fee.

These flash up often for what seems like 2 seconds. I cannot even just read the last two lines and figure out where it is going before it vanishes. Swear I am going to have a wreck.
NO SIR! I do not like it one bit. The older method where they show you the time and direction is much better for me. I do not remember all the roads here and have been living here for 35 years. So far my payout has gone way down. NOT ONE SURGE HERE on FRIDAY and SATURDAY Night until 2pm. The boosts for $2 or $1.5 are pathetic. Most rides are %50 - even had a few that were %30 of what the customer paid.
SO I am supposed to pay for my car, insurance, gas, maintenance, detailing supplies and detailing?
Had two customers that left something from their ass's on the seats that made me want to gag.

I had been enjoying Uber... but this is total and utter Bullshite.
If I had been renting I would have to work weekend nights just so I could start making money during the weekdays. (dont forget you have to charge up every few hours for a few hours.

Hoping they will course correct... This is not sustainable.

Of course I did not accept all these rides... now my acceptance rate is shite.
The craziness includes one offer that was 536 minutes with no payout information. This would be a 9hr drive or more after I had been driving for @8hrs.

Gesture Font Communication Device Mobile phone Gadget

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
I, for one, cannot survive on this. These prices were from the weekend nighttime. No surges. I have had at least 15 rides if not more for less than $5 for more than 25 minutes of driving to and giving the ride. I am also getting pulled way out of town often so I cannot make the promotions and at this rate I will not be able to do Uber anymore. This is barely amounting to minimum wage.
View attachment 672423

Furthermore, when you get there, they are not ready. 10-15 minutes and then you have to wait until it is time to cancel. Several people were not even there yet. At this rate the fare is not much more than a cancellation fee.

These flash up often for what seems like 2 seconds. I cannot even just read the last two lines and figure out where it is going before it vanishes. Swear I am going to have a wreck.
NO SIR! I do not like it one bit. The older method where they show you the time and direction is much better for me. I do not remember all the roads here and have been living here for 35 years. So far my payout has gone way down. NOT ONE SURGE HERE on FRIDAY and SATURDAY Night until 2pm. The boosts for $2 or $1.5 are pathetic. Most rides are %50 - even had a few that were %30 of what the customer paid.
SO I am supposed to pay for my car, insurance, gas, maintenance, detailing supplies and detailing?
Had two customers that left something from their ass's on the seats that made me want to gag.

If I had been renting I would have to work weekend nights just so I could start making money during the weekdays. (dont forget you have to charge up every few hours for a few hours.

100% failure. Ants will only last.23 mins 10 miles $5
The bus costs more

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100% failure. Ants will only last.23 mins 10 miles $5
The bus costs more
Bought a nicer car because I was doing well with uber. I am seeing close to half what I was making less than two months ago. When Uber starts looking like lyft did years ago when only the meth heads and garbage cars were working. My car is mint and pristine. I do not want to become like the other toxic nasty jaded drivers. I started asking the customers what they paid and how much I am getting... they are all shocked. Some do not care because they like the savings. Some leave bigger tips.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
View attachment 672423

That 2-second ping (Trip Radar?)stuff is pure bullshit.

How long has the new system been in Charlotte? We just got it here in DC last week.

I don't think Uber has turned on the Trip Radar yet in DC.

How long was the new system in Charlotte before Uber started using the Trip Radar feature?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This started this week. Thursday I think. I think that was from Friday. Someone said you get rides based on proximity, but I always thought it was based on a queue. Even so, Constant rides 10-22 minutes away. For shite pay.
1) they need to tell the riders to be ready to cut down on lost time
2) they need to charge more for long drives to pick up

Last night I cancelled on a guy in a really bad neighborhood bar. Lots of the bad element hanging out there. Seemed dangerous. He says wait, I got tips for you... Totally trashed... then i heard him order another round of shots. Had more cancels this weekend than in the last two months. it is bad. Hoping Uber will course correct...

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
Last night I cancelled on a guy in a really bad neighborhood bar. Lots of the bad element hanging out there. Seemed dangerous. He says wait, I got tips for you... Totally trashed... then i heard him order another round of shots.
You're better off skipping the bar crowds.

The first 6 months I drove I did DC bar pickups every weekend and paid the price with mediocre ratings. I finally smartened up and stopped picking up drunks and my ratings quickly climbed.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
First trip is not sustainable. Quick math and it's 10 miles of travel for .52 cents a mile when operating costs are typically .75 cents a mile for everything.

Second trip, since it's only 1 minute away, is worth investigating to see if you can make it profitable. Make at least $1 a mile in both directions. Likely a newbie picked the wrong address and wanted the closer one. Who knows?

Uber is praying on the fact that many can't do basic math, can't break down their operating costs on a per mile basis that will provide them with an income, a replacement vehicle and cover such things like taxes, repairs and insurance.

Well I have, make more than $1 per odometer mile daily and you should be ok. It's minimum wage, but you'll survive. Screw your acceptance rate, you can't drive cheap for long.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First trip is not sustainable. Quick math and it's 10 miles of travel for .52 cents a mile when operating costs are typically .75 cents a mile for everything.

Second trip, since it's only 1 minute away, is worth investigating to see if you can make it profitable. Make at least $1 a mile in both directions. Likely a newbie picked the wrong address and wanted the closer one. Who knows?
Uber will not even show what the uber x is for charlotte right now but it is between 54 and 60 cents a mile.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

All I could see was Ashville:

Base Fare $1.12
Long Pickup Fee
Variable Per Mile $0.6825
Per Minute $0.1125
Threshold 10 minutes (WHICH I THING IS BS)
Per Mile $0.6825
Per Minute $0.1125
Per Minute Wait
Time $0.18
Minimum Trip Earnings $3.00

Cancellation Fee Variable

Standard Rider Initiated
Cancellation Fee $3.80
Per Mile $0.6825
Per Minute $0.1125

What scares me now is I just read some of the description and apparently people only have an hour to tip now??? Sometimes I get tips a week later!!! so now if they forget to tip, I cannot get tipped?
Plus apparently the tip can show up in the up front earnings which means they can pay us less if they are not declaring the correct minutes and miles rate of pay.
Will need to confirm this though.

Here is a bad one.

Font Screenshot Number Circle Parallel

They are not distinguishing between drive time and ride time. They are not showing the rate of pay per mile or per minute.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Uber will not even show what the uber x is for charlotte right now but it is between 54 and 60 cents a mile. View attachment 672438

All I could see was Ashville:

Base Fare $1.12
Long Pickup Fee
Variable Per Mile $0.6825
Per Minute $0.1125
Threshold 10 minutes (WHICH I THING IS BS)
Per Mile $0.6825
Per Minute $0.1125
Per Minute Wait
Time $0.18
Minimum Trip Earnings $3.00

Cancellation Fee Variable

Standard Rider Initiated
Cancellation Fee $3.80
Per Mile $0.6825
Per Minute $0.1125

What scares me now is I just read some of the description and apparently people only have an hour to tip now??? Sometimes I get tips a week later!!! so now if they forget to tip, I cannot get tipped?
Plus apparently the tip can show up in the up front earnings which means they can pay us less if they are not declaring the correct minutes and miles rate of pay.
Will need to confirm this though.

Here is a bad one.

View attachment 672440

They are not distinguishing between drive time and ride time. They are not showing the rate of pay per mile or per minute.
You have no rate card now.

Your pay is the offer.

The time and miles on your receipt is, on trip time and miles like it always has been.

You tip is not ever included in tje offer. there is no 1 hour limit on tips. I got one the other day from a trip 2 weeks prior.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
That 2-second ping (Trip Radar?)stuff is pure bullshit.

How long has the new system been in Charlotte? We just got it here in DC last week.

I don't think Uber has turned on the Trip Radar yet in DC.

How long was the new system in Charlotte before Uber started using the Trip Radar feature?
Yeah, have fun with those Radar Trips...I just ignore them as best I can....most are trash rides which even most ants won't take, so FUber re-send them all them to me (often more than once) as "pings" anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
I think XL is the only reason I made a positive post on this feature once. I’ve been keeping a closer eye on it and gotta say things are looking very trash lately when XL gets too slow. Hell is Trip Radar harassing you and trying to sign you out when you’re trying to move to a better area.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Hell is Trip Radar harassing you and trying to sign you out when you’re trying to move to a better area.
Trip Radar really does suck because, unlike FUber's other annoying/obnxious features, a driver CANT turn this off, there is no opting out of it....and so immediately I log on it floods the zone with trashy rides which at times overlap with and then displace regular "pings" I might want to accept...I've had situations where I try to accept a regular ping, which then gets covered up my some Trip Radar junk that I have to decline, and by that time the ping is gone, and that Trip Radar trash I rejects is re-sent me to as a ping..if any has a "work around" and/or a "hack" to deal with Trip Radar, please share!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I don't know how anyone can rent a Tesla and walk away with a profit. I would love to meet said individual and shake their hand. In my state there is like a $5 per day state fee for the first 30 days. With fees and taxes you will be at $400 per week. Unless you have no car and the Tesla is your 24/7 access to transportation I can't imagine who would rent these vehicles. $1600 per month.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I don't know how anyone can rent a Tesla and walk away with a profit.
yes, but buttt, but...a significant number of drivers (ie, hobby drivers) are not driving for profit, so walking away with one is of little to no interest to them. ...in fact, its the legions of hobby drivers and ants (not drivers "in it for the money") who keep the U/L model running, without them U/L would be even worse off than it is now.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts