Uber Drivers Forum banner

As an UberXL driver, is it worth it to do UberX trips using UberXL vehicle?

• I don't care and I have not thought about that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm a new driver on the UberXL category and want to learn what I should know from the experiences of UberXL community out there. Especially, I'm interested in knowing their take on doing UberX trips using UberXL vehicle. Is it worth it and financially feasible? What happens if I serially refuse to accept UberX ride requests. I'm very anxious to know. In addition, any more tips and advice are appreciated.

Happy new year to you all!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Nah... I don't think I need mints as I wouldn't stay out so much because it doesn't look like I can stay on XL for Uber want me to do both X and XL.

·
Registered
669 Posts
You can't refuse to do X, they make you do both and most of your request will be UberX, but you have the added luxury of getting more rides by getting XL request as well. Unless you like dealing with luggage, stay away from the airports. Airport + UberXL = Luggage and lots of it. You don't have to necessarily help them load it, but pax don't give a shit about your vehicle and will just throw their stuff in your vehicle which is why it's best to do it yourself or stay clear of the airport. Unless you like loading groceries in your car for a 5 minute destination, avoid Walmart pick ups because they usually request XL's too. As far as the pay, it comes out about the same as UberX or slightly more after Uber takes their cut, but again, you get more ride request because you're getting request from 2 platforms. Depending on how many XL vehicles are in your market at any given time, be prepared to get XL request from people 15-20 mins away. Feel free to decline those rides, it's not worth driving that far for a pick up in an SUV. 1 good thing about driving UberXL is that your rating should increase because people who order an UberX get a spacious ride for the regular price and they tend to love it and leave 5 stars because they got more than they expected.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are several 'cheater' vehicles that you can use to get XL rides even tho the vehicle does not meet the requirement of seats 6 w/ seat belts.

XL's are decent in the SFO area. Lots of rides to the Airport or Train Station. Reasonable pax. Generally longer rides than X.

You kinda need to avoid the bar scene unless you're good at crowd control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts