Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showed up for a pick-up in Fairfax City this morning at a gas station and find a Lexus with it's hood up. Figured the passenger was dropping off a car, spotted the guy and started the trip. Pax busts out a set of jumper cables.....

...finish the story and I'll buy a beer tomorrow for the closest response.

· Registered
398 Posts
Rule #1: Don't start trip until pax is in car, ready to go, and has verbally stated destination (Just in case they wanna go to NYC or something ridiculous)

The second I saw the jumper cables I would have cancelled and told him to call AAA or pay me cash. I didn't know Uber offered roadside assistance

· Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Disgusted Driver wins....

The guy did ask for a jump start and offered to let me continue the trip and just drive to his house for the fare. I told him that I would give him a jump start for free, but that he should not expect my a$$hoel colleagues to all be so nice (some might). His car started right up, and he gave me $10 cash. I got in my car and ended the trip expecting it to say that the trip was too short and count as a cancellation. (had that happen before). Grossed $13.75 instead of just $3.75. Got karma ping from Vienna into Union Station.

Disqualifying Notes:
Gas station was not open other than credit card pumps (Ubermanpt)
Don't tell me what to do...(mpm017...you were so close to winning, but you didn't respond in the form of a story.)
(Desertrose) So negative...
(nutzareus)$13.75 beats the bad vibes.
(yelpman) Accurate, but come on, it's Uber story time...

Have fun once in a while people. This made my morning go very well so I thought I'd share. The perp/pax may or may not have been wearing a rubber dinosaur mask.

· Registered
429 Posts
Giving a car a "jump start" might sound like something easy to do but sometimes, if done inappropriately (after the second car has started which cable do you remove first? positive or negative and why? ) a friend of mine, gave a "jump start" to a hot girl he met at a concert. He toasted one of the computers in his car.....now he has to replace it....and he didn't even get laid, she simply said "thank you"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.