Uber Drivers Forum banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
Base here is $3.20.... That says $6.11
My base with Grubhub is $8.

Their algorithm is such that if you refuse rides below, say, $8, eventually they stop sending you those orders. It might take a few days, but that's my experience. Now I NEVER get a trip offered me below $8.

With Uber, I noticed no such thing. They keep sending shit orders.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
I do not do round trip locals as you do not get paid for the flip-flop.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume that when you say "you don't get paid for the flip-flip" you mean that you'll get paid LESS because you lose out on the minimum fare and base fares that you'd be entitled to if the two trips were separate?

·
25,518 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume that when you say "you don't get paid for the flip-flip" you mean that you'll get paid LESS because you lose out on the minimum fare and base fares that you'd be entitled to if the two trips were separate?
Close enough.........................if you run a job from Prospect at 34th to the Seven-Eleven on P at 27th and back, you get the same four dollars that you would had you just gone one way. You might get a few pennies over the four dollars, but not much. Essentially, you run the flip flop for free. I had just this trip, once. It showed up only as one-way, but when the guy got in, he told me that he wanted me to wait and bring him back to Prospect at 34th. I politely balked. He just as politely pushed it. This went back and forth until he asked me why. I told him. He offered me an ten dollar in-application tip to wait. I did let him know that most people who promise that, especially on unprofitable jobs such as this, do not follow through on it for various reasons. I was nice and told him that for most of them, they simply forget once they disembark, as I am now out of sight thus out of mind.

He offered me a deal: I show him what Uber paid me when we got back and he would not get out of the car until I saw the tip in application. ..............Deal. I let him know that the one way fare was four bananas. He was in and out of Seven Eleven. We got back to the start, I ended the trip and showed him the four dollars and seventeen cents. I told him that I was in error: I got paid seventeen cents for the return He was quite unpleasantly surprised. He admitted that he understood why I was balking at bringing him back. He did give me the ten dollar tip.

Under the Taxicab Zone System, that trip would have been charged as two trips..........PLUS the waiting time.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
2 month ago Uber said you could make $1100 for about 40 hrs in Jacksonville. They then said median hourly rate was $31. 1 month ago it went to median hourly rate at $21 for 40. Now.....

Font Parallel Screenshot Magenta Document

This proves the upfront prices has done nothing but lowered the revenue Uber pays to drivers with a "its this or nothing" pay schedule.....

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
2 month ago Uber said you could make $1100 for about 40 hrs in Jacksonville. They then said median hourly rate was $31. 1 month ago it went to median hourly rate at $21 for 40. Now.....

View attachment 614757

This proves the upfront prices has done nothing but lowered the revenue Uber pays to drivers with a "its this or nothing" pay schedule.....
When they talk about hourly averages, it pertains only when the app is engaged, i.e., when there is a delivery or person in the car.

In real time, the hourly average is going to be substantially less because of dead time, dead miles, which are the inevitable result of between trips time.

What you need to do is start your clock, time you entered the car for a work day, and time you left, and include lunchtime off the clock, just as you would if you had a regular job. Then calculate what you are actually making per hour.

I know every time I put in 40 realtime hours, the uber app said I worked only 25, or thereabouts.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
So it's 16 minutes away. That means you'll get there at 4:21. You'll then have to wait at least 19 minutes for the pax to show up. All for $2.88. You lose money before you even start the ride.
I no longer accept Uber pings that are reservations. They are guaranteed money-losers in almost every case.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Saints vs Cheese packers game was a true test of this new system. All I. An say is and I QUOTE,

"McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks!"

General Beringer,
War Games

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I no longer accept Uber pings that are reservations. They are guaranteed money-losers in almost every case.
After they deducted a dollar from my cut, not theirs, but my cut, for the reservation on an XL trip, I've been rejecting every one they sent me. The bastards got me to take one by marking it as a 45+ minute trip when in actuality it was a reservation going 15 minutes away. So now I reject 45+ minute trips from them.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
More Uber propaganda....

Was 31
Then is was 21
Now with the new upfront prices...

Recent driver earnings with tips in your area are $18/hour for drivers who drove passengers
The stated trip earnings of $18/hour are based on median earnings of drivers in Jacksonville from 08/30/21 to 09/13/21 who drove at least 20 hours per week. Actual earnings vary, depending on factors like time of day, location, and number of trips provided. Earnings include trip fares, some promotional offers (including Quest and Consecutive Trips), and tips, which are provided at the discretion of the rider. Median earnings in your specific location may be lower than the city figure. Since median is the middle, you may make more or less than the median amount.

·
Premium Member
9,263 Posts
I'm amazed at these emails, it tells me there are a lot of really bad or desperate ants. In my area for the same time period they quoted $24 an hour. I did $46 an hour. Granted I only work peak times on the weekend, maybe 25 hours but it tells me there must be a bunch of ants grinding during the day for $15 before expenses.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts