Uber Drivers Forum banner
101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,058 Posts
Sure, some or even most riders will enter accurate information on their trip. However, I suspect at least 35% of Uber's low-class clientele will lie and cheat their way to a pick-up. That's a big chunk of passengers who are going to test the patience of a work force that has shown very little patience in recent months.
If I responded to a pickup for a 30 mile ride and once in the car the pax changed it to a 2 mile ride I'd have no problem pulling over and ending the trip right there.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Of course there were drivers snatching these rides up. It puzzles me and I thought drivers were getting smarter. You can literally do any other gig and make more money in less time and miles than that $66 trip.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the offer started LOWER than $66, but as drivers kept declining Uber's disgusting offers, they started increasing it. I doubt there will be any takers at $66, $76, or even $86 for that ride.

I'm guessing that Uber's doing what they do on Eats, which is to try to find a sucker to accept a trip at a truly horrendous payout offer and gradually increase the offer until someone accepts it.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
So let me get this right, you are going to tell me that "Joe's multistop trip" to/from the Circle K is going to pay $3.15 ???? And I still have the option to reject? Hallelujah ! ! !
Joe doesn't remember much these days, just drop him off at the Circle K

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Roughly 18%decline in pay overall.... Way to go Uber. It's official your upfront pricing does nothing but benefited you all the way.

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Escape
30 Posts
Uber wants to be all things to all people, and they want to do it in one app. That means having multiple apps for pax to use will never happen. People are leery enough giving out credit card information as it is. Imagine having to do it four different times for the exact same company? Sounds like a hassle, and an increased risk of my personal information getting breached.

Also, Uber pax are entitled by nature, because Uber trains them to be that way. Simply dicing up the service levels into different apps will not preclude paxholes from being paxholes. The five college kids who want to ride in your Prius will still claim no Uber XLs were available, so they had go to UberX instead.

This is a morally bankrupt company that trains its passengers (and drivers too) to become self-serving malcontents. There's no amount of jerk-proofing that can be done to save Uber from itself at this point.
Spoken like a Super Hero

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Escape
30 Posts
I'm back on both platforms. Tuesday was good. Over $100 in less than 3 hours. Uber still paying me a long distance pickup fee. Just got a ping from Lyft for a pickup 20 minutes away. I assume Lyft is still not paying a long distance pickup fee? Did an airport run this morning from my town. 16 miles plus and $25. No tip, cheap ****ers. However so far no paxholes. I hope this new rollout doesn't come here. I can get back to doing things the way I used to, shuffling and ignoring with little downside. 😏 If I play this right, I should be able to make $30 an hour plus. Any other threads I should be looking at to see what has changed in the last year? So far everything seems pretty much the same, slid right back into it pretty easy, no bumps.

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Escape
30 Posts
Roughly 18%decline in pay overall.... Way to go Uber. It's official your upfront pricing does nothing but benefited you all the way.
I don't want this upfront pricing crap here. Things seem to be profitable on my end in this location.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
393 Posts
I figured I would take some screen shots to show you what this garbage is looking like. It went live in my area today. View attachment 611861 View attachment 611863 View attachment 611864 View attachment 611865 View attachment 611866 View attachment 611867 View attachment 611868
Holy shit. I'll quit when things get that bad here. And people are really accepting this? I'm a total newb and even my ape brain knows those are horrible losses. I'd say there goes any chance of me complaining about my market, but it's Uber, every market can complain what uber pays.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 · (Edited)
46 hours
53 trips
$1009 total
988 miles
$19/hr

So...
Advertised median pay for Uber was $32 an hour

Uber sent out a thing on Wednesday saying the median pay for Jacksonville was $21 an hour.

Rough calculations so trip numbers have increased by 21%.

Revenue usually generated for those trips has fallen roughly 19%.

This is a rough estimate on the percentages I would have to dive in a lot deeper if you really want to know but I don't want to because I don't want to get any 1 depressed.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Request are coming on so fast a regular ping gets cut very short to where you can't accept it and therefore knocks down your sticky surge or changes to half the surge if your in the surge.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
393 Posts
So basically gonna have to find a new hustle if this rolls out in all markets :(

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
So basically gonna have to find a new hustle if this rolls out in all markets :(
Dunno but the rabbit hole is getting deeper....

I have a bad feeling about it all looking at the data I been collecting. Blatantly takin money from the drivers.

This roll out also confirmed the 3rd party fees does not always go to the 3rd party as listed... But rather Uber instead. If I'm right black car drivers are going to be in for a huge surprise... Not the good kind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are desperately short of drivers and after 7 years can't find our own a**to wipe so we are flinging chit at wall to see what sticks. Htf is reducing fares on long trips going to help. Plenty of missed flights from suburbs coming up
I’m just starting. how long have you been in business and is it worth it ?I am retired on Social Security But I need to make at least $2500 a month to cover expenses in taxes.Is that reasonable I live in Reno Nevada . We’re short on drivers a month or so ago from what I understand I know I couldn’t get a trip one Saturday night at all…

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
🤣

I hope members in this test area are pounding social media with your dissatisfaction, otherwise we are all going to get screwed by this. Hit up Uber Facebook and Twitter with your complaints.
Crap... I don't ever use Twitter or Facebook.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts