Uber Drivers Forum banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
There is no way this is safe driving while this is going on.

You have to constantly refresh to get new requests. When they are accepted by someone else they just sit on the screen instead of disappearing.

Surge works but does not show surge on pings that are in surge area.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Escape
30 Posts
Who the eff cares? I’m going on day 2 waiting for a response from Uber support why I can’t get online. No effing body answers the phone or responds to chats. I’m coming back to driving after a 1 year hiatus. All my documents are approved and in the green.
Product Font Screenshot Gadget Technology
Product Font Screenshot Gadget Technology Why do I even bother with this dreadful company? Lyft is even worse from what I’m hearing. Plus I’m tired of all Lyft’s pro queer and yeah illegal alien emails. That company is totally run by leftist cucks. If I csnt get it resolved by end of the week, I’m out.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Who the eff cares? I’m going on day 2 waiting for a response from Uber support why I can’t get online. No effing body answers the phone or responds to chats. I’m coming back to driving after a 1 year hiatus. All my documents are approved and in the green. View attachment 611885 View attachment 611885 Why do I even bother with this dreadful company? Lyft is even worse from what I’m hearing. Plus I’m tired of all Lyft’s pro queer and yeah illegal alien emails. That company is totally run by leftist cucks. If I csnt get it resolved by end of the week, I’m out.
If you don't care you definitely should..... The new Uber rollout is killing everything.

But why should we care about you... You can't even get online? Lol

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Upfront fares for better choices
1 hour ago / Jacksonville

View attachment 610922
Driving with Uber has always been about flexibility, and now we’re offering you even more choice while you’re on the road. Starting next week, we’re testing upfront fares1 on trip requests so you can see exactly how much you’ll earn—and your rider’s destination—before accepting a trip.

We hope that with this additional information, you won’t have to do as much guesswork when you’re deciding how to spend your time. Helping to create a positive earning experience on our platform is something we take seriously, so we’ll monitor trends carefully and listen closely to feedback.
How upfront fares work
  • See exactly how much you’ll earn—and where you’ll be going—before accepting a trip.2 If your rider leaves a tip, it will be added at the end of their ride and you’ll see it on your trip receipt.
  • Upfront fares include the base fare3 and surge. The upfront fare will replace time and distance rates.
  • If a rider adds stops or changes their destination, or if the trip length changes, your fare will be updated. Any changes will be reflected on your trip receipt.
See other nearby trip requests
You can browse nearby requests to find trips you want.
  • Tap Available requests on the map screen and select all the trips that interest you.
  • Other drivers can be matched with available requests too, so you won’t get every request you pick.
  • Completed requests will still count toward your promotions.
During the pilot there will only be UberX trips listed on the available request screen. We hope to add Uber XL, Uber Comfort, and Uber Black trips to the available request screen soon.

Coming soon: see nearby earnings trends
Make the best call for where and when to drive with the earnings trends map. You’ll soon be able to see how much other drivers have historically earned on nearby trips.
Fares are getting adjusted
You’ll always see how much you’ll earn before you accept the trip request. The base fare will now vary depending on factors like pickup time and destination of the request. Since the base fare varies on factors like pickup time, it replaces the long pickup fee.4
We also want to make shorter trips more worth your time, so you’ll now earn more than you used to on shorter trips and less than you used to on longer trips.
We do not expect these changes to affect median earnings in your city, but your earnings may increase or decrease depending on the type of trips you take. See the example below to better understand how this update affects short and long trips.
These changes do not apply to Uber Black trips.

Short trip
Before
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 15 minutes

Total earnings:
$6.11

After

Total earnings:
$7.20

Long Trip
Before
Distance: 20 miles
Time: 30 minutes

Total earnings:
$15.74

After

Total earnings:
$14.18
This pilot is running in a number of cities. We look forward to hearing about what’s working well and what we can improve.
1Upfront fare and destination applies to UberX, UberXL, Uber Comfort, Uber Black, Uber WAV, Uber Assist, Uber Español, Uber Diamond, Uber Pet, and UberX Car Seat. Hourly trips are not included in this change.
2If a rider adds stops or changes their destination, or if the trip length changes, your fare will be updated, and this change will be reflected on the trip receipt.
3Tips, tolls, and any wait-time or other surcharges are not included in the fare that’s shown up front. Tolls, fees, surcharges, and any tips paid to you by riders will be remitted to you along with the fare upon final payout.
4The base fare will now vary based on factors like the amount of time it took to pick up the rider. This will replace the long pickup fee.

Posted by Uber
Category: Driver products
interesting that all the examples pay >$12 but 90% of the rides in my market are <$5

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Upfront fares for better choices
1 hour ago / Jacksonville

View attachment 610922
Driving with Uber has always been about flexibility, and now we’re offering you even more choice while you’re on the road. Starting next week, we’re testing upfront fares1 on trip requests so you can see exactly how much you’ll earn—and your rider’s destination—before accepting a trip.

We hope that with this additional information, you won’t have to do as much guesswork when you’re deciding how to spend your time. Helping to create a positive earning experience on our platform is something we take seriously, so we’ll monitor trends carefully and listen closely to feedback.
How upfront fares work
  • See exactly how much you’ll earn—and where you’ll be going—before accepting a trip.2 If your rider leaves a tip, it will be added at the end of their ride and you’ll see it on your trip receipt.
  • Upfront fares include the base fare3 and surge. The upfront fare will replace time and distance rates.
  • If a rider adds stops or changes their destination, or if the trip length changes, your fare will be updated. Any changes will be reflected on your trip receipt.
See other nearby trip requests
You can browse nearby requests to find trips you want.
  • Tap Available requests on the map screen and select all the trips that interest you.
  • Other drivers can be matched with available requests too, so you won’t get every request you pick.
  • Completed requests will still count toward your promotions.
During the pilot there will only be UberX trips listed on the available request screen. We hope to add Uber XL, Uber Comfort, and Uber Black trips to the available request screen soon.

Coming soon: see nearby earnings trends
Make the best call for where and when to drive with the earnings trends map. You’ll soon be able to see how much other drivers have historically earned on nearby trips.
Fares are getting adjusted
You’ll always see how much you’ll earn before you accept the trip request. The base fare will now vary depending on factors like pickup time and destination of the request. Since the base fare varies on factors like pickup time, it replaces the long pickup fee.4
We also want to make shorter trips more worth your time, so you’ll now earn more than you used to on shorter trips and less than you used to on longer trips.
We do not expect these changes to affect median earnings in your city, but your earnings may increase or decrease depending on the type of trips you take. See the example below to better understand how this update affects short and long trips.
These changes do not apply to Uber Black trips.

Short trip
Before

Total earnings:
$6.11

After

Total earnings:
$7.20

Long Trip
Before

Total earnings:
$15.74

After

Total earnings:
$14.18
This pilot is running in a number of cities. We look forward to hearing about what’s working well and what we can improve.
1Upfront fare and destination applies to UberX, UberXL, Uber Comfort, Uber Black, Uber WAV, Uber Assist, Uber Español, Uber Diamond, Uber Pet, and UberX Car Seat. Hourly trips are not included in this change.
2If a rider adds stops or changes their destination, or if the trip length changes, your fare will be updated, and this change will be reflected on the trip receipt.
3Tips, tolls, and any wait-time or other surcharges are not included in the fare that’s shown up front. Tolls, fees, surcharges, and any tips paid to you by riders will be remitted to you along with the fare upon final payout.
4The base fare will now vary based on factors like the amount of time it took to pick up the rider. This will replace the long pickup fee.

Posted by Uber
Category: Driver products
So let me get this right, you are going to tell me that "Joe's multistop trip" to/from the Circle K is going to pay $3.15 ???? And I still have the option to reject? Hallelujah ! ! !

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
So let me get this right, you are going to tell me that "Joe's multistop trip" to/from the Circle K is going to pay $3.15 ???? And I still have the option to reject? Hallelujah ! ! !
No... When this all came on this afternoon.. I sat for 1 1/2 hours trying to see wtf is going on.

That multi stop was only reviled after I accepted it. When I saw the request pop up I seen the very high time amount for the very little miles and money that I was curious what it had on it. That was the only reason I even accepted that ride. Took screen shots and canceled.

So what I'm thinking is anything with high time and low pay will be multi stops.

You won't see multiple stop until you accept it like normal. Sorry...... No joy there.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Another interesting pay discrepancy is doing X on black accounts.

X base is 3.21
Black base is 5.51

The 2.30 is for the booking fee. Black accounts get the extra charge.

But the request ping are the same price.

However... There's a itemized list of the booking fee added into the price for black accounts. How can an extra charge be the same price?

More to come on this.... I need pics. Lol

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
wow jeff some horrible fares, imho $70 for over 100 miles to ocala . all dead miles back wow. better off at walmart

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
wow jeff some horrible fares, imho $70 for over 100 miles to ocala . all dead miles back wow. better off at walmart
Try 200ml 200min for $156 I think it was.... Into Georgia. Where you can't work till you get back to Florida. At least his was in Florida and able to maybe work back with a ride.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
I figured I would take some screen shots to show you what this garbage is looking like. It went live in my area today. View attachment 611861 View attachment 611863 View attachment 611864 View attachment 611865 View attachment 611866 View attachment 611867 View attachment 611868
Let's see if I've got this straight... Giving drivers a nanosecond to decide whether or not to accept an offer that's text-only, doesn't include an accompanying map, and doesn't tell the driver whether or not there are multi-stops is Dara's idea of drivers making "informed decisions"?

And for good measure the pay rates are atrocious ($66 for a 118 mile/133 minute trip)

You gotta be kidding.

GFYS Dara

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Let's see if I've got this straight... Giving drivers a nanosecond to decide whether or not to accept an offer that's text-only, doesn't include an accompanying map, and doesn't tell the driver whether or not there are multi-stops is Dara's idea of drivers making "informed decisions"?

And for good measure the pay rates are atrocious ($66 for a 118 mile/133 minute trip)

You gotta be kidding.

GFYS Dara
Of course there were drivers snatching these rides up. It puzzles me and I thought drivers were getting smarter. You can literally do any other gig and make more money in less time and miles than that $66 trip.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just take a vacation. Learn some skills. Rates will be low if you stay online looking for rides. You don't wanna work for these rates. If someone else does, it's their problem. Evolution will take care of those people.

You are basically giving free rides every time Uber announces a new feature. They have research and focus groups before they release this.

Their employees are screwed since stock options are worthless now. Uber IPOd at 40, still at 40 something. They need bigger profits next quarter to make their options worthwhile.

Another option is to drive for Alto, they give you a car and pay $15-$20 an hour.

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Escape
30 Posts
If you don't care you definitely should..... The new Uber rollout is killing everything.

But why should we care about you... You can't even get online? Lol
Uber, Lyft any gig work sucks. I do real estate and notary mostly. I was just going to get back with Uber as something to fill in gaps. Honestly could give a shit less. But yeah sucks for those of you doing it full time. And now it's day 3 cannot get to Uber support or respond to chats. I'll give it till Friday then delete the app.:poop:

·
Premium Member
9,263 Posts
My hope would be that the ants burn out quickly on this crap and then can't afford to replace their cars. This whole system would be very interesting at bar close time, I get to pick my unicorn ride if I'm fast enough but at other times it looks absolutely dreadful. Do you get screwed out of wait time too like you do for reservations? This looks like a really bad idea except for certain very narrow use cases.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts