Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for a new car to Uber in...

I came home from my National Guard annual training to find Brown Magic (my sweet X cruiser), decided it didn't want to have a functional A/C anymore. I found this out while trying to drive pax in 98* yesterday in FoCo.

According to the guy I talked to today, it will be almost $2000 to fix, and no one in Cheyenne will touch it because: A. It's German, and B. I added some do-it-yourself refrigerant. For 2k, I could put a good down payment on a used car.

So I'm turning to the wealth of knowledge and experience on here for suggestions. I'd like something I could do XL and Select with. I'd like a Honda Pilot or Acura MDX, however, I'd also like to keep it around $7k or less... Aaaaaannnndddd GO!

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Xl and select under $7k limits your options

Ford Explorer 2008 or 2009 gas mileage even on the v6 is going to be around 18mpg
Volvo XC90 3.2 engine stay away from the unreliable v8 also I'd get the fwd for better fuel economy
Honda Pilot and mdx are good choices too
Lincoln MKT Hugh mileage ones can be found under 10k

I can't really think of any others in that price zone

What is wrong with your Jetta $2k is a lot for anything ac related

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
I'd find some place that actually works on German stuff, I can give you a couple of recommendations in FoCo that specialize in vehicles from Der Fatherland

·
Registered
991 Posts
Xl and select under $7k limits your options

Ford Explorer 2008 or 2009 gas mileage even on the v6 is going to be around 18mpg
Volvo XC90 3.2 engine stay away from the unreliable v8 also I'd get the fwd for better fuel economy
Honda Pilot and mdx are good choices too
Lincoln MKT Hugh mileage ones can be found under 10k

I can't really think of any others in that price zone

What is wrong with your Jetta $2k is a lot for anything ac related
I know where there is a 2010 MKT for 13k with 60k miles

·
12,569 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cat. Not the best time weather wise, for it to happen. I was just thinking the other day, we haven't heard from ya in a while. where the hell has Rooster06 been?? :D Totally off subject but how were the kangaroos doing up there? I am really intrigued by this kangaroo situation :D:rolleyes:. LoL

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Look like you can use a VW bug. 2 door to uber now. One sitting in the pen.
I took a pic a couple weeks ago of a old bug 70s super beetle I believe with Lyft and Uber Stickers I was trying to upload it but the darn site wouldn't let me .
Stupid site keeps saying the pic is too big but I'm doing the same thing I do everytime I want to post a picture to a forum . Screen shot the picture and trim it down , real annoying

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Building

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it was just Lyft no Uber stickers

·
12,569 Posts
I took a pic a couple weeks ago of a old bug 70s super beetle I believe with Lyft and Uber Stickers I was trying to upload it but the darn site wouldn't let me .
Stupid site keeps saying the pic is too big but I'm doing the same thing I do everytime I want to post a picture to a forum . Screen shot the picture and trim it down , real annoying

View attachment 131696

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it was just Lyft no Uber stickers
Its Herbie the Love Bug!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear about your cat. Not the best time weather wise, for it to happen. I was just thinking the other day, we haven't heard from ya in a while. where the hell has Rooster06 been?? :D Totally off subject but how were the kangaroos doing up there? I am really intrigued by this kangaroo situation :D:rolleyes:. LoL
Hehehe... Yeah, I've been busy playing Army up at Camp Guernsey, and flying airplanes... gotta get those hours so I can get hired before the end of the summer. Haven't had the kangaroo from up here yet. It is delicious though, I've had it before and highly recommend it.

As far as the new ride goes, I managed to fix Brown Magic on (the relative) cheap, so he'll get me through frontier days. But after that, I will be back in the hunt. I'm leaning Honda Pilot right now. Or one of those crazy mercedes diesel station wagons that seats 7... I know I should stay away from another (more expensive to fix) german car... they just look cool, and are diesel.

·
12,569 Posts
Hehehe... Yeah, I've been busy playing Army up at Camp Guernsey, and flying airplanes... gotta get those hours so I can get hired before the end of the summer. Haven't had the kangaroo from up here yet. It is delicious though, I've had it before and highly recommend it.

As far as the new ride goes, I managed to fix Brown Magic on (the relative) cheap, so he'll get me through frontier days. But after that, I will be back in the hunt. I'm leaning Honda Pilot right now. Or one of those crazy mercedes diesel station wagons that seats 7... I know I should stay away from another (more expensive to fix) german car... they just look cool, and are diesel.
Lol. Well as long as you look cool. That's all that matters SMDH you boys and your toys:rolleyes:.

Interesting I read an article about autonomous cars and the biggest struggle honestly is how to avoid hitting kangaroos! LMAO because they bounce the sensors aren't able to register them and their distance properly, to avoid hitting them. So once these cars hit the market, I think Wyoming is the safest place to go besides Australia:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts