Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last week or two I've noticed that the earnings balance payable displayed in the Uber app has been off. For example, if fares earned, tips and tolls equalled $60.00, the earnings balance figure displayed in the app might be $20.43, $31.60 or any other seemingly random number. However, upon pressing the Cash Out button, the correct amount due would be displayed and be "cashoutable".

This morning, though, Uber has seemingly decided to expand the extent of the error so that not only the wrong balance is displayed on the earnings screen as before, but now there is the additional annoyance that pressing the "Cash Out" button no longer adds the missing earnings so that the correct balance owed is displayed, and neither can the missing money be cashed out.

I did a trip this morning and no pay was added to the earnings balance - the only amount that was added was the tip that the pax gave. This could be a new pay policy from Dara - that drivers should now work for free in order for Uber to reach profitability. Or it could be just a new variant of Uber incompetence. Either way, I'm going to check my last few weeks' earnings to see if all of my trip earnings were added to the earnings balance.

Apparently Rohit's still in bed. He starts answering the phones at 7am so I will give him a call later and see what he makes of this.

Font Screenshot Darkness Multimedia Gadget

Sky Font Screenshot Darkness Multimedia

Attachments

·
12,535 Posts
Over the last week or two I've noticed that the earnings balance payable displayed in the Uber app has been off. For example, if fares earned, tips and tolls equalled $60.00, the earnings balance figure displayed in the app might be $20.43, $31.60 or any other seemingly random number. However, upon pressing the Cash Out button, the correct amount due would be displayed and be "cashoutable".

This morning, though, Uber has seemingly decided to expand the extent of the error so that not only the wrong balance is displayed on the earnings screen as before, but now there is the additional annoyance that pressing the "Cash Out" button no longer adds the missing earnings so that the correct balance owed is displayed, and neither can the missing money be cashed out.

I did a trip this morning and no pay was added to the earnings balance - the only amount that was added was the tip that the pax gave. This could be a new pay policy from Dara - that drivers should now work for free in order for Uber to reach profitability. Or it could be just a new variant of Uber incompetence. Either way, I'm going to check my last few weeks' earnings to see if all of my trip earnings were added to the earnings balance.

Apparently Rohit's still in bed. He starts answering the phones at 7am so I will give him a call later and see what he makes of this.

View attachment 616794

View attachment 616795

Have you tried accessing your account through the dashboard? I'm curious if it reflects the same or the correct information. Also, have you went into your wallet? That lists every single transaction made to your account. I'm curious if they're not posting transactions at all or if the amount is different on these particular transactions

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried accessing your account through the dashboard? I'm curious if it reflects the same or the correct information. Also, have you went into your wallet? That lists every single transaction made to your account. I'm curious if they're not posting transactions at all or if the amount is different on these particular transactions
I don't know what a dashboard is in the context of Uber, but I have looked at earnings history on a computer and it's the same story - the trip fare is calculated correctly in the earnings history but no pay for the trip added to the earnings balance.

I contacted Rohit and the first one I spoke to did understand and was perplexed. She just audibly asked herself, "Why?...". She then put me on that brief hold so she "could check her resources" (aka ask someone else what was happening), then came back a few minutes later to tell me that this was perfectly normal, that she'd seen it many times before and that I should wait 48 hours for issue to fix itself.

I told her that sometimes trips do indeed not appear at all in the trip history for a time while the fare processing and calculation systems catch up, however this problem was different given that the fare had already been calculated and did appear in trip history - the issue is that the final step in the process of adding the results of the fare calculation to the earnings balance has not happened.

But Rohit wasn't having it and just asked if "there was anything else I can help you with". I told her that asking if there was "anything else" she could help me with was inappropriate given that she hadn't provided any help yet. She got upset and ended the call.

I then spoke to a couple more Rohits, but I got even less far with them. They were not able to understand what the problem was, just stating that "the fare has been calculated correctly". I agreed that the fare had been calculated correctly. Perfectly, even, but that wasn't the issue. Still they couldn't see it.

One of the explanations offered by one of the Rohits was that it might be an app issue, however I could immediately discount that possibility by explaining that I had looked at the data on a Windows computer and the earnings were still not credited on it.

Yes, I did look at the Wallet section of the app - it just shows payouts from the earnings balance and sheds no light on the transactions going into the earnings balance.

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to try Twitter. I have not used Twitter before - how do I put a tweet on Uber's main support page?

Product Font Screenshot Line Software

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like I am going to have to give up on getting paid for this ride. Most of the Rohits did not even understand the issue, some of them just said wait 48 hours, and the Rohits after I had waited 48 hours just said that the fare had been calculated correctly and marked the issue "resolved".

I wonder how many other Uber trips I have done that I have not been paid for.

Bottom line - remember kids, pay for work done for Uber is not guaranteed.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Way too diplomatic. Must take action now! One day strike is in order
In another corner of the internet, alarm bells would be ringing all over the place over you being a fed.

But here, we all know that you're just desperate to keep your rideshare rental contract in good standing.

There will be no "one day strike". Ever.

For every poster here, there are 100 other desperate ants out there waiting to take their place.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Oh, you mean the guy who spammed this board with "ORGANIZED STRIKE APRIL 15TH" posts, and ended up driving that day, anyways?

·
Premium Member
23,967 Posts
It looks like I am going to have to give up on getting paid for this ride. Most of the Rohits did not even understand the issue, some of them just said wait 48 hours, and the Rohits after I had waited 48 hours just said that the fare had been calculated correctly and marked the issue "resolved".

I wonder how many other Uber trips I have done that I have not been paid for.

Bottom line - remember kids, pay for work done for Uber is not guaranteed.
Your only recourse is a Shuffle Jihad. Shuffle whatever amount Uber owes you then Shuffle that amount again as Uber's penance.

Can be sprinkled in amongst trips or done at once...

Grey Font Electronic device Multimedia Screenshot

Enough is enough.

Time for a one-day strike
Way too diplomatic. Must take action now! One day strike is in order
Plant Handwriting Vertebrate Green Mammal
Font Electric blue Event Handwriting Signage
Cloud Cartoon Organism Water Font
Facial expression Smile Product Sharing Organism

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts

View attachment 616794

View attachment 616795

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup I got the same thing happening I can only cash out 8 bucks out of the money I earned today On hold now and since forever
Of the many, many responses I have had from Rohit (most of the responses were pre-written template scrpits), the only Rohit who understood the issue said:

"Our team is working on fixing this issue as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your patience"

That was two days ago.

Do you (a) see the correct amount in your earnings balance but cannot cash out or (b) neither see the correct amount in your earnings balance nor can cash out?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts