Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up on Uber and was approved yesterday. Started driving and had 14 rides. My question is, how do you specify on the Uber app if you are either UberX, XL, Black, SUV? I have a 2014 Acura MDX and most of my rides last night were UberX and 1 UberXL.

Also, what kind of permits or documentation do I need? Am i even allowed to drive because I got an email from them stating that once my driving documents are approved, I can start picking up pax. Thank you

·
Registered
199 Posts
To answer your question you need to email them and ask to put you as XL only but i would advise against uber X. With a luxury car like that @ 85 cents a mile kinda boggles my mind why it would be worth it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have a nice car. Car prostitution is not illegal but frowned upon
I always get from the pax that i have a nice car. I want to see if I can register my other car which is a 2005 prius ( I hope i can use it for Uber). My experience these past 2 days when I started uber, so far every pax have been nice without a tip. I got 1 trip which is a pizza delivery and got a $2 dollar tip which I tried to declined but they insisted. I also tried Lyft and so far I got 5 trips with $10 tip. I hope it is feasable to meet the 50 rides in 30 days to get the $500 bonus for me and my wife.

How does the ride cancellations after I arrived at the pick up location?

·
Registered
61 Posts
That does not count toward your 50. Just go out on a Friday and Saturday night (about 8pm-230am) and you should have all 50 in two or three weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts