Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
1. Make the most of your time on the road. Earnings Clinic. Uncle Tom partners giving advice on how to make more money with the Uber app.
2. One Introductory Study course paid by Uber, for Partners who have done more than 500 trips. A typical course lasts 2-6 weeks, for 2 hours a week.
3. Set destination trip in a direction of your choosing, with the function enabling you to enter an arrival time.
4. Partner appeal panel for certain deactivation reasons (not named) to be heard by a panel of Uncle Tom Partners.Panel has supposedly the ability to overturn Uber's decision of deactivation.
5. Uber community guidelines. If you break these guidelines as a rider "YOU MAY" find that you are blocked from using the Uber app.
6. Help for saving for the future with some exclusive deals. ISA's and pensions.
7. Flex pay to choose when you want to cash out. 3 days until it arrives in your account.
8. Offering free English language courses on an app. 12 month membership at no cost.

Just out of interest Ben. What are the good new features ? You state Flexi pay. In the past you just gave Pawnbrokers physical possessions not your most valuable commodity, time.

Are you for real ?

· Registered
2,501 Posts
listen to the podcast on app lots of good new features included including flexi pay for all partners and a proper appeals process for deactivated drivers. Thanks
Really mate, you believe all of that crap? - flexi pay is there already, what news is that, it's all our money.
When do we get the news of better pay? - it's the only thing that I'm interested in.

· Registered
622 Posts
Uber are cheeky f*****S. . . .

Earnings Advice Sessions
When you turn on the app, you want to make the most you can from Uber. That's why we're introducing new Earnings Advice Sessions where you can get advice, including from other drivers, about how to maximise your time - and the money you make - on the app. Everyone is welcome but we'll be sending individual invitations to partners who are making less than the hourly average.

. . . How about not taking 25% of drivers earnings!

· Registered
1,649 Posts
I like the bit when they say "we've listened to our partners and we've come up with this." Like anyone has come up with ISA's!
Like no one has come up with, put a tipping options on the app! they haven't listened to that.

· Registered
5,470 Posts
I like the bit when they say "we've listened to our partners and we've come up with this." Like anyone has come with ISA's!
Like no one has come up with, put a tipping options on the app! they haven't listened to that.
Would anyone with a sane mind invest in a Self Invested Personal Pension or a Stocks & Shares ISA through any firm partnered with Uber?

I checked out that Moneyfarm and they charge 0.4% annual management fee on ISA portfolios of between £50,000 and £100,000 so £200 to £400 each & every year just for that one charge!!
They want to manage your funds which generally also have initial & annual charges...
Decent investment firms will discount or rebate a good portion of these 2 charges to your ISA account.
I wonder if Moneyfarm will do that? Hmmm

My ISA provider has a ZERO annual management charge so saving me over £300 per year, so no way will I be investing with FunnyFarm, oops I mean MoneyFarm:D

· Registered
330 Posts
Would anyone with a sane mind invest in a Self Invested Personal Pension or a Stocks & Shares ISA through any firm partnered with Uber?

I checked out that Moneyfarm and they charge 0.4% annual management fee on ISA portfolios of between £50,000 and £100,000 so £200 to £400 each & every year just for that one charge!!
They want to manage your funds which generally also have initial & annual charges...
Decent investment firms will discount or rebate a good portion of these 2 charges to your ISA account.
I wonder if Moneyfarm will do that? Hmmm

My ISA provider has a ZERO annual management charge so saving me over £300 per year, so no way will I be investing with FunnyFarm, oops I mean MoneyFarm:D
All these "new benefits" remind me about uber momentum, the rip off platform with special deals. Uber just doesn't learn. They just come up with "we have listened(to travis)" and bang, check this out! What a bunch of [email protected]! I would sack the whole management board and replace it with a few active members from this forum. We would actually get things moving and in right direction.

· Banned
4,857 Posts
All these "new benefits" remind me about uber momentum, the rip off platform with special deals. Uber just doesn't learn. They just come up with "we have listened(to travis)" and bang, check this out! What a bunch of [email protected]! I would sack the whole management board and replace it with a few active members from this forum. We would actually get things moving and in right direction.
I can't think of more than about three active uber drivers on here that I would trust to run a market stall.

· Registered
330 Posts
I can't think of more than about three active uber drivers on here that I would trust to run a market stall.
Do you think uber is any different than a market stall? They sell rotten apples (pool users) to customers ("partners") for a rock bottom price below market average. But they have glitzy packaging and false advertising that still sucks newbies in and the wheel keeps turning. As the wheel spins some fall out, but then again more are sucked in. To be honest no need to be a rocket scientist with uber, increase rates, introduce strict examination on service and topography, at least on the level of AddeeLee, kick out all dodgy customers and drivers, get rid of all leeches with "special deals" on vehicles, sack or retrain half of the staff cause all they do is copy and paste. Man the list can go on forever, not going to rant about it too long. Uber whether you love it or hate it is a great tool managed by the wrong people. Their target is personal benefit, nothing to do with "great service". And everyone in ph is suffering, maybe not to the same extent as BC's. For you lot Prius drivers are just an obstruction, but to the whole trade of passenger services in London Uber has created a monster that is slowly eating itself. Says an uber driver.

· Registered
273 Posts
listen to the podcast on app lots of good new features included including flexi pay for all partners and a proper appeals process for deactivated drivers. Thanks
Another deluded idea.

Uber is doing a great job of gradually destroying itself.

Ps; there's no way anyone who has ever driven for a living will think this is good for drivers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.