Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started delivering Ubereats this week. Has been ok. Any tips or tricks anyone want to share that could be helpful?

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,432 Posts
1. Avoid fast food. It can take longer, and pay less.
2. Once sit down restaurants start closing you need to go home. Being around restaurants as they are closing is 100% the wrong place to be. Customers will squeeze in "last minute" orders and i've had restaurants literally tell me that they don't care about the order and they aren't going to fill it and it's my problem.
3. No fast food
5. Anywhere that requires you to sit in the drive thru is wrong
6. McDonalds is terrible, especially late night.
7. Just drop hotel orders at the front desk, some won't even let you into the hotel to your customer's room. But the customer will still expect you to go all the way to their room. Often for no tip.
8. Taco bell is pretty awful to
9. Expect to eventually get fired for a false accusation of something.
10. Wawa doesn't count as fast food, it's more like a deli, I have no problem picking up from Wawa, none of the problems the other fast food has.
11. Get a concealed carry permit, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
12. You don't know hell until you've been in a mcdonalds drive thru for 30 minutes for them to tell you that they can't fill the order and they expect you to take the heat for the bad order.
13. Avoid the bad parts of town, if you're new to Orlando ask and i'll explain what the bad parts are.
14. Have I mentioned fast food sucks?
15. Avoid pings in the mall, yes you WILL get pings from the food courts, which Hella suck for the walking, and because it's fast food don't expect a tip.
16. If you take a ping from Churches chicken that means you are in the wrong neighborhood, picking up from the wrong restaurant delivering to the wrong customer.

Reactions: FL_Steve

·
Registered
75 Posts
Orlando seems like it is one of the worst markets. Too many other drivers and too many low paid, cheap customers. Drivers in other places post about only take $2/mile offers. In Orlando, you rarely see those unless small, e.g.$4 for 1.8 miles which I rejected tonite. Hope for $1/mile.

I've only been doing this for a month, but I can say don't expect to make any money consistently. I did $1500 last week but that was working 70hrs over 7 days with $600 of that in promotions (which you will only get occasionally). But this week I didn't exceed $100 on any day. Tonite (Friday night) I had a few good deliveries between 6-9PM but then it went dead for 30 minutes and then the $2 fast food offers started coming, so I just went home. January is probably the slowest time of year. You can probably do better delivering people instead of food, but then you have to deal with people which as you know are just awful.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
1. Avoid fast food. It can take longer, and pay less.
2. Once sit down restaurants start closing you need to go home. Being around restaurants as they are closing is 100% the wrong place to be. Customers will squeeze in "last minute" orders and i've had restaurants literally tell me that they don't care about the order and they aren't going to fill it and it's my problem.
3. No fast food
5. Anywhere that requires you to sit in the drive thru is wrong
6. McDonalds is terrible, especially late night.
7. Just drop hotel orders at the front desk, some won't even let you into the hotel to your customer's room. But the customer will still expect you to go all the way to their room. Often for no tip.
8. Taco bell is pretty awful to
9. Expect to eventually get fired for a false accusation of something.
10. Wawa doesn't count as fast food, it's more like a deli, I have no problem picking up from Wawa, none of the problems the other fast food has.
11. Get a concealed carry permit, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
12. You don't know hell until you've been in a mcdonalds drive thru for 30 minutes for them to tell you that they can't fill the order and they expect you to take the heat for the bad order.
13. Avoid the bad parts of town, if you're new to Orlando ask and i'll explain what the bad parts are.
14. Have I mentioned fast food sucks?
15. Avoid pings in the mall, yes you WILL get pings from the food courts, which Hella suck for the walking, and because it's fast food don't expect a tip.
16. If you take a ping from Churches chicken that means you are in the wrong neighborhood, picking up from the wrong restaurant delivering to the wrong customer.
I literally just asked for advice because I was considering trying Uber Eats this weekend. I have a thread from earlier. Forget it. I'm not going to be bothered. UE sounds like it sucks.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,432 Posts
If you want to try it..

No fast food pings,
nothing late night,
avoid the bad parts of town,

and I can not express how much you need to not take fast food pings.

Do all that and you stand a lousy chance of making decent money... Which for the gig work is about the best you can do.

There is however money to be made driving a taxi, shocking I know but as a cab driver you'll get $2.20-$2.40 a mile with a much larger chance of a tip.

If you're really feeling frisky you can go my route.

Osceola county makes it stupid easy to get everything together to get a taxi license, then your pretty much legal for most of the tourist areas as Orange county doesn't care.

Aside from the insurance the money needed to get yourself legal in this town is peanuts. $1,000 will cover 99% of what you need to be a legal for-hire service in osceola county. Then your legal to work Osceola county and you can grey area work orange county all the way from the osceola county line until the Orlando city limits. On paper.. or you can cross the line and just work everywhere that code enforcement never shows up at which is pretty much everywhere except universal studios and the airport.

Orange/osceola county are really ambivalent about people who get into the for-hire industry on their own. They will GLADLY take the $400 or so they will charge to get everything set up and happily make you up a badge and give you a windshield sticker.

This is not a town that requires dropping a quarter million on a medallion. The one caveat to that is Diseny is it's own little world. If you're not on the Mears Team don't try to work as a real for-hire on Disney property. It's not worth it.

If you don't want to go 100% independent like me there's a great cab company that also happens to be on the uber platform on "uberTaxi".

This is the signup page for the sole company that is an uberTaxi shop. You have to separately sign up and be approved.

Requirements: MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH!!

• Must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid Florida driver’s license
  • Must have held a driver’s license in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico for at least 1 year
  • Must be familiar with the Central Florida and lived in the area at least 6 months
  • Must be able to pass a criminal and motor vehicle background check, including, but not limited to:
  • No more than 4 points in the last year, 8 points within last 2 years, and no more than 12 points within last 3 years;
  • Have not been arrested with a DUI or reckless driving in the past 5 years;
  • Have not been arrested and convicted of any Felonies within the previous 20 years (adjudications withheld will be reviewed); and
  • Must not have any pending felony court dates or currently be on probation.

Some of the requirements in the above are not true... A DUI that is a felony and will disqualify for 20 years, or forever more than likely. There's a point at which they can choose not to hire you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts