Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am completely happy. I'm driving as a summer job on Martha's Vinyeard. I'm making good money. If I put in the hours I can get 18 rides a day. A lot of the hours I'm logged in I'm at home doing things and run out when it pings. Most of the riders are pretty cool. Money is great. I haven't been hassled by any cab drivers or anything. Beach all day drive at night=happiness.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
New drivers seem happier than those of us who have done it for a while. Draw your own conclusion as to why.

Every market is different. If your market pays less than $1 per mile, you may find it difficult to make a profit.

Everyone has a different opinion as to what their time is worth.

If a person is uberXing in a $30,000 new car, their depriciation is much more than someone driving a 6 year old Toyota with 150,000 miles. Lots of variables to consider.

For details, read more posts.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
I am completely happy. I'm driving as a summer job on Martha's Vinyeard. I'm making good money. If I put in the hours I can get 18 rides a day. A lot of the hours I'm logged in I'm at home doing things and run out when it pings. Most of the riders are pretty cool. Money is great. I haven't been hassled by any cab drivers or anything. Beach all day drive at night=happiness.
Of course it's much easier doing Taxi work without the cost associated operating a legitimate Taxi, like commercial car insurance and everything else that comes with it. Another illegal Taxi driver with no real insurance coverage doing Taxi work, buying into Uber's BS, can't wait till someone T-Bones you with a pax in your car, let us know how your insurance company goes about covering you "more like dropping you", that pax will take you to the cleaners. Uber on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Of course it's much easier doing Taxi work without the cost associated operating a legitimate Taxi, like commercial car insurance and everything else that comes with it. Another illegal Taxi driver with no real insurance coverage doing Taxi work, buying into Uber's BS, can't wait till someone T-Bones you with a pax in your car, let us know how your insurance company goes about covering you "more like dropping you", that pax will take you to the cleaners. Uber on.
image.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've been getting geared up to drive for Uber and was going to head out and find out for myself what it's all about. But reading this board over the last week, I can't find anyone happy with Uber. Why?
I love Uber so far. This is my second week in. Made over $1000 in fares off of 80 plus trips. Not bad for a second job as far as I am concerned. I do it part-time. Customers seem to love the Uber image and how it is so much better than traditional taxi services. I oftentimes share nightmare stories with Pax when I have dealt with traditional taxis in the past. As long as you use good business judgement, you can make Uber work for you. Ignore all of these negative people, they aren't winning at the game.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've been getting geared up to drive for Uber and was going to head out and find out for myself what it's all about. But reading this board over the last week, I can't find anyone happy with Uber. Why?
Is it a case of your reading this board and nobody is telling you what you want to hear or you don't really comprehend what they are saying? If your really that clueless about Screwber go to the "Quit" forum found in this site and read about it from the "been there done that" crowd. IF you take my advice and do that, just for jollies, please kindly post your findings on this thread. Happy readings, but I know it will not be. Oh and don't be blind to the fact that Uber has paid posters like the guy in the thread above this one. Just wanted to make sure you have ALL the info to make an intelligent decision, but I'm afraid you already have.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is it a case of your reading this board and nobody is telling you what you want to hear or you don't really comprehend what they are saying? If your really that clueless about Screwber go to the "Quit" forum found in this site and read about it from the "been there done that" crowd. IF you take my advice and do that, just for jollies, please kindly post your findings on this thread. Happy readings, but I know it will not be. Oh and don't be blind to the fact that Uber has paid posters like the guy in the thread above this one. Just wanted to make sure you have ALL the info to make an intelligent decision, but I'm afraid you already have.
I wish Uber did pay me for being positive but they don't. Sorry

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'll be Ubering on to the bank. Uber is not my end game. It is more a means to an end.
You got that right! It's a means to the end alright. The end result is a piece of shit car with ultra high mileage that you can't afford to replace. You def sound like most Uberities who never did the math or don't have the ability to do it to start with. Are you putting %20 if your gross pay aside for the SS and Medicare that the IRS is going to want when you file your taxes since Screwber isn't doing it, in addition to all the money your putting aside to replace your piece of shit car with ultra high mileage, of course you are. Please spare me the I'm making lots a money routine. It's your furneral UBER ON clueless one.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
I bet if there were a face-to-face interview process for becoming an Uber driver, more than 75% of these negative people here would NOT make the cut for obvious reasons.
Negative people, get a clue, let me ask you, how long have you been doing uber, let me guess, less than a month, I have seen uber Cowboys in here come and go, when you do this for 2 years come back and tell us how wonderful this Uber gig is.

·
Registered
291 Posts
D
You got that right! It's a means to the end alright. The end result is a piece of shit car with ultra high mileage that you can't afford to replace. You def sound like most Uberities who never did the math or don't have the ability to do it to start with. Are you putting %20 if your gross pay aside for the SS and Medicare that the IRS is going to want when you file your taxes since Screwber isn't doing it, in addition to all the money your putting aside to replace your piece of shit car with ultra high mileage, of course you are. Please spare me the I'm making lots a money routing. It's your furneral UBER ON clueless one.
Dude, this is part-time for me. I have a full-time job already, settle down kemosabe.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Negative people, get a clue, let me ask you, how long have you been doing uber, let me guess, less than a month, I have seen uber Cowboys in here come and go, when you do this for 2 years come back and tell us how wonderful this Uber gig is.
I have done almost 100 trips in less than 2 weeks. I have enough under my belt to form a valid opinion. I just choose to have a positive attitude about it. You can find faults in almost anything. Is Uber perfect? no way. But it has potential to be better than it already is.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
There was a caller into the Taxi Dave show a few weeks ago (or was it a post here?) who said that Uber funnels more work to the new drivers then tapers it off.

Makes perfect sense if you read the comments by longer term drivers.

If anything, the long term drivers should be making more since they know what they're doing but they apparently don't.

It lets Uber constantly lower rates and raise their cut.

Sucker game in so many ways. While they bide their time until they can fire all the Human drivers and use self driving cars.

Sociopathic Silicon Valley strikes again.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts