Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.... I'm just starting out driving for Uber and I was wondering how many drivers are from the North of Boston area and please tell me where your from. Also, any advice starting out?? do's and don'ts, that kind of thing. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Blue

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a huge commitment, from what Ive been researching...its all about making money, that seems like a huge risk to me.....i personally wouldnt do that...but i'm cheap!!! haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just started doing it so I'm still learning too...lets put this into perspective shall we?/ 1st things first:...where do you live?? is it a big city? alot of Uber potential?? 2nd: how much time are you going to commit to driving?? Do you think that starting out the potential for earnings is high?? what do you think is gonna be your daily cash intake?? all of these need to be considered too. Add to that that if you dont maintain a 4.7 out of 5 star rating, you can and will be deactivated as a driver, so then there wont be ANY earnings after that, and your UBER gig is over....just some things to think about.....

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Hello there.... I'm just starting out driving for Uber and I was wondering how many drivers are from the North of Boston area and please tell me where your from. Also, any advice starting out?? do's and don'ts, that kind of thing. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Blue
In all seriousness - go back about 9 months on this board for Boston and read all of the posts from that time going forward until now. This will provide a lot of information. There have been other new drivers in the past few months that came on to this board with the same questions. So go back and read.

thanks
Bloom County Alumni Association.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Depends. How much $$$/hour are you looking to make after all expenses (uber & Lyfts take, gas, increased maintenance [tire wear, battery wear, brakes, oil changes, other fluid changes], repairs and depreciation)?
I live North Of Boston in an average sized city, having been an Uber PAX myself, I see the opportunity for earning money, I would like to make 200.00 a day 5 days a week...I don't think that's too over-taxing myself or my vehicle but of course it depends on how many riders I can get on any given day. Of course I realize that I could make the 200.00 in 5 hours or 12 hours depending on the rider volume, but it all averages out in the end.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I live North Of Boston in an average sized city, having been an Uber PAX myself, I see the opportunity for earning money, I would like to make 200.00 a day 5 days a week...I don't think that's too over-taxing myself or my vehicle but of course it depends on how many riders I can get on any given day. Of course I realize that I could make the 200.00 in 5 hours or 12 hours depending on the rider volume, but it all averages out in the end.
In all seriousness. If you see that "Opportunity" and think you can clear $200 a day and not tax your vehicle... Two words Tom Vu.

Honestly. This guy is much more up your alley.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Blue
Hello you need to be cool while driving and you must obey traffic rules and the final thing is you have to give respect to your passengers

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you're goal is $200.00/day x 5 days a week or $1000.00.

That in very achievable. If you have (or can develop) an "entrepreneurial mindset" you will do better and, do better faster, than if you look at things from an employee point of view.

By that I mean if you drive 9-5 M-F, you will earn less $$ than someone that starts his day at 5:00 to make a couple of airport runs and then works the morning rush or the guy working nights and dealing with the drunks.

One of the best parts of doing this is the flexibility. Yeah, I know that's cliche, but it is also true. Set out the parameters in which you wish to operate i.e time of day, days/hours per week etc.. and then have fun.

What is the best way to do this? Who knows. One thing that is certain, however: a strategy that works well on Monday morning may be the exact worst way to go about things on Saturday night.

The best tip I can offer is to keep a log. Get into the habit of religiously keeping track of things like hours worked, time of day worked, total $, number of fares, expenses even the weather. Over time you will build up your own data base. This is a powerful tool to help you without having to 'wonder' or 'guess'.

For example, heavy rain before morning rush hour = good for Uber driver. But how good? Is the extra money enough to offset the additional problems that go along with driving in the bad weather?

Only you can answer what works for you. With a journal though, you will have a record of what worked or didn't work in a similar situation. This will help you decide what you want to do.

I'm not trying to be judgemental but the fact that you are here asking for "any advice" rather than making the effort yourself to research this topic, as Veal66 noted, is not a good sign.

As with most things, the people that do the best are most often the ones that work the hardest and smartest.

Good luck to you. If you enjoy it you're halfway home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts