Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently trying to make a little more money and want to know if Uber full time would cut it for me. If I were to drive 40 hours a week how much do you think I could actually make?

·
Registered
26 Posts
UberX drivers would have a very difficult time sustaining themselves financially with Uber as their primary job. I have been averaging $12 - $15 an hour before expenses the past few weeks, but I'm averaging 16 hours a week, only working peak times or when I know I'll get rides. The only time I ever worked more than 20 hours in a week, I made $344 in 37 hours (after expenses, my take home that week was just under $7/hr).

I know a guy in San Diego that makes $1,200 a week. But the market in JAX doesn't lend itself to making that kind of money.

My advice would be to find a primary job with a steady income and use Uber as a supplement.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Without a strategy....

Less than $10 per hour before expenses.
Less than $1 per mile before expenses.

And gas is not your only expense. Track you $ per mile and that will definitely show income vs depreciation.

In my market, if I drove full-time 40-60 per week, I am pretty confident that I can earn $1000 - $1500 per week. I drive part-time and average about $500 per week, $20+ per hour, and $1+ per mile.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Do not quit your day job for a full time Uber X gig. Uber can turn off your app at any time, for any reason, especially here in Florida. The competition here is so steep folks here are not making anywhere near what we used to make in the ole days. The margins in UberX are not sustainable, not at all profitable, you are burning through your assets and absorbing all the costs for a billion dollar corporation that is using you like a cash machine and not paying you a legal wage. Most if not all UberX drivers operate at a loss, they do not have the $2500 deductible for lyft they do not have the $1000 deductible for Uber and if they are in an accident, or their car is impounded they are out of a job, and are left without transportation. If you must work UberX, do it part time while looking for a full time gig that offers security for your family, totally not worth the risk.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Without a strategy....

Less than $10 per hour before expenses.
Less than $1 per mile before expenses.

And gas is not your only expense. Track you $ per mile and that will definitely show income vs depreciation.

In my market, if I drove full-time 40-60 per week, I am pretty confident that I can earn $1000 - $1500 per week. I drive part-time and average about $500 per week, $20+ per hour, and $1+ per mile.
I grew up in Jacksonville and live in dallas,you can't compare the two cities.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I live in LA and I make about $27 per hour driving full time.. from 4am to 11am and then again from 4pm to 8pm but we have a boost of 1.7x the highest during those hours.. that's figure isn't adding gas which cost me about $500 monthly at $2.89 the gallon the cheapest.. oil changes every month for $30 bucks, car wash of $9 bucks every 2 days to keep PAX from complaining.. I'm thinking of moving to Jacksonville area and try it out here.. is it worth it?? Any drivers who can answer this?? I put a 30 hour week payment summary here too

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.