Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive both Uber and Lyft. When I get a ping for Uber, I can tell if it's a POOL, X or XL.

How do I tell what type of request it is under Lyft?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
All I see is either "LYFT" or "LYFT LINE" on the ride request countdown timer. Pray that you see Lyft more than Lyft Line, NCR Bill. Also read over the forum threads of interest. Lots of great info here! Welcome aboard!!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
An easy way to tell the difference is that the Lyft Line fares are purple when they first pop up - a regular Lyft fare is pink.
I get some that are a very dark gray. I only notice it when it says "Drop Off (name)" What does that color denote? In summary, I see 3 colors... Pink, Purple, Dark Grey.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Android folks have the different colors from what I've been reading that differentiates between Line, regular, and Plus.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Android folks have the different colors from what I've been reading that differentiates between Line, regular, and Plus.
I just looked at the Passenger app. and see that "Plus" is a vehicle with 6 or more seats. The fare is higher too. I just drive a 4 door Hyundai car. My rides come in dark gray almost as frequently as the purple. Oh well, the color thing isn't important. But thanks for that insight, macchiato.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah I drive Plus in LA and heard Plus drivers in Orange County say their requests come in different colors (on Android).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts