Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just started in DC a couple nights ago and I have to say, it was very relaxing and I made a good $75 in just 3 hours! I was nervous at first and was not used to the Uber app but then I got the hang of it quickly and it's so much better than stupid Google maps in my opinion haha. I did it for the past few nights and got used to the whole thing despite being in gridlock traffic in Adam's Morgan and U street on Friday night! Every person I picked up was really awesome, did a lot of conversations and made a few friends. No complaints so far but one passenger told me a horror story about Uber (but it was his drunk friend's fault) which I hope to never run into haha. People in the DC area are so nice and they love small talk. So far so good!

·
24,224 Posts
Welcome to Uber and to the forum.

If you are going to work the bar crowd, be prepared for what happened in the one horror story that you heard from your passenger. Take a peak at the various boards here to learn what to do. To read the posts on the bar crowd, you would think that every night that you work the bar crowd you get at least one of the following:

1. a ralpher.
2. a group of car trashers.
3. someone who soils himself/herself in the car.
4. people who spill carryout food all over the seat
5. people who spill drinks that sneaked into the car
6. passengers who give lousy ratings
7. passengers who do not put in the destination and are so drunk that they can not tell you, either.
8. passenegers who damage the car, inside or outside or both.
9. passengers who want to use drugs in the car
10. violent passengers.

Other forumites, may, of course, feel free to add to this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a drunk passenger who kept sleeping in the backseat and I kept waking him up to tell him where on U street to drop him off. It was pretty hilarious and when he got off, I was hoping he'd be ok walking to his apt lol.

The other drunk passengers I've gotten last night was actually pretty cool. They were friendly and fun drunks.

·
24,224 Posts
My experience dictates that most of them are allright. You can tell the ones that you want to avoid. If someone is trying to pour one into my cab, I will not carry him. If it is obvious that a hotel, restaurant or bar is trying to dump a problem on me, I will not do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts