Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started driving this week. My initial costs were high. I bought a mount, and some other stuff to make my car and nice place to ride. I've done 15 rides in 2 days (12.5 hours). I drive mainly during the afternoon until the evening. I found out fast that it's in my best interest to find a spot and sit and wait then drop off and find the closest FREE parking I can and wait for the next one. I drive an SUV. In the city my milage sucks. I'm very fortunate that someone gave a $100 tip on my first day. If you see my rolling around give a wave. Gold SUV with Florida State license place that says CHOP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! If you want to know where to get the cheapest gas right now is the Quality plus drive thru gas station in Candler on Smokey Park Hwy. it's only $2.03 and if you purchase a pre-paid card for $25-50 or $100 you get another 5 cents off. Also the new Ingles in Candler is $2.03 but all this could change day by day. I know changing your air filter can help with gas mileage too.
Yesterday was my first day driving and I had a few problems with the map. When I accepted a ride the map told me the location of my last drop off. I was wondering if you had the same problem or is it just my phone. I have a iPhone 6+ & I was using Google maps not uber. Also one rider never showed up and I couldn't bring up the page to disconnect the rider pickup and not charge the person. I tried to contact uber with no evail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm an android user. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge. I had a really great weekend. I only had 1 customer on surge. I tried to keep myself out of downtown...no such luck. Today I spent most of my day on the outside of AVL. I also learned really fast to stay near where you drop someone off. I went from a half of a tank of gas per day to a little over a quarter. Lots of fun this weekend. I'm happy I made the choice to drive in my spare time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts