Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
So I haven’t signed into Lyft for very long time, I opened up the app today and it’s showing me rides near me and how far away they are and how much it’s worth. When did this start? View attachment 672245
I’ve been seeing those here in DFW for at least a few months. They’re rather intuitive, at that. (i.e., with years under your belt, you can use these for placement). On the other hand, they serve as a very solid means through which Lyft can keep a sticky surge from you… (they become intrusive, IMHO).

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve been seeing those here in DFW for at least a few months. They’re rather intuitive, at that. (i.e., with years under your belt, you can use these for placement). On the other hand, they serve as a very solid means through which Lyft can keep a sticky surge from you… (they become intrusive, IMHO).
I haven’t driven for Lyft in 6+ months, got pissed off at them for not paying a cancellation fee for a long pickup on a scheduled ride when the rider never showed up.

Only reason I logged in was because it’s Das Energi weekend in Salt Lake this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
5,592 Posts
We've had it for perhaps a couple of months. I like it, if for no other reason it gives you an idea of demand. I favor Uber due to Lyft's Switcheroo and Ride slamming policies (not to mention an insane Crime & Punishment algo and F- support), so while on an Uber ride the Lyft app is telling me what demand is doing. And if a particularly juicy fare pops up I can go online and hopefully grab it.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
We've had it for perhaps a couple of months. I like it, if for no other reason it gives you an idea of demand. I favor Uber due to Lyft's Switcheroo and Ride slamming policies (not to mention an insane Crime & Punishment algo and F- support), so while on an Uber ride the Lyft app is telling me what demand is doing. And if a particularly juicy fare pops up I can go online and hopefully grab it.
It's utterly meaningless though. So what if a $75 ride is available nearby? It could be going 100 miles.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Well your comment is pointless actually

That number is based on a standard rate card. So 6 dollar ride is about 6 or 7 miles.
12 dollar ride is about 13 or 14 miles and so on.

You should try out the thing you $hit on b4 commenting

Those numbers mean nothing if you don't know how far you're going. What if it's a $6 ride that's going 30 minutes? They're absolutely pointless

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
So I haven’t signed into Lyft for very long time, I opened up the app today and it’s showing me rides near me and how far away they are and how much it’s worth. When did this start? View attachment 672245
doesn't tell you how far it goes, what direction, or how much passenger is paying, so it is worthless.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was in Austin this past weekend. I hadn't seen my girlfiend since I started driving for the ride share services. So I'm sitting at the hotel minding my own business and I decided to open the Lyft app and see what it was about up there. One would have thought that I had opened another app than the one I'm used to. The entire screen was pink. The little icon in the original post were all over the place. In Corpus Christi, I've never seen either.

The UBER app, at the bottom of the screen, said $1.50 bonus on your next trip. That was sort of cool. I didn't go online or try to do any rides. It was just pretty interesting to see how the big cities operate. I think this weekend, I may drive up to San Antonio and try to make a day of it and see how well I do up there.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
You really think they would only pay us 6.00 for 30 minutes... if that happens nobody would drive for them. Those ones are usually just 10 minutes or less short trips.
Unironically yes. And then have you drive your chariot out 24 minutes to pick the princely fellow up for their 3-stops 7-11 ride. If you don’t do it that’s bad news for the community!

·
Super Moderator
13,911 Posts
You really think they would only pay us 6.00 for 30 minutes... if that happens nobody would drive for them. Those ones are usually just 10 minutes or less short trips.
Actually yes. I don't think either company would bat an eye about it. There's definitely been worse things they've done. Here in my market hardly anyone drives for them as is . If you turn on the app at any point , you get blasted with Non-Stop requests. Unfortunately for the passengers, I only Drive XL so they all get denied until an XL pops up. I know for a fact there are not even close to that many drivers out driving to accommodate all of those requests. There was one week where I did two rides and my acceptance rate was still at 0%. That tells you how many rides I denied. You say they are usually just 10 minutes or less. So the ones that aren't? How far do those go?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts