Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My map shows from Alvin up through Pearland toward Sienna Plantation. Then up in the Woodlands. WTH! Its all yellow.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My map shows from Alvin up through Pearland toward Sienna Plantation. Then up in the Woodlands. WTH! Its all yellow.
I see this:
Screenshot_2015-09-04-23-28-57.png
guess the woodlands went away. I'm in sugar land. Not driving, just checked to see what is going on tonight. Be nice if we had possibility of surge everywhere.

Maybe they're working on adding new areas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Screenshot_2015-09-04-23-23-42.png

My favorite one so far.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine shows this. Maybe it's a ploy to get drivers into the burbs? Or more surge zones since guarantees seem to be phasing out?
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
So it took them a year to finally ****ing realize that the suburbs exist? LITERALLY SHAKING MY HEAD. Idiots.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it took them a year to finally ****ing realize that the suburbs exist? LITERALLY SHAKING MY HEAD. Idiots.
Nothing has gone red yet. I'm in Sugar Land and still waiting to see if it's ever included. I did email to ask about it but you know how that goes...

If anyone goes to the office for any reason please ask and report back. When they added and extended a surge zone a month or two ago I got an enail. None now so maybe it's all a big experiment to see if well chase yellow into the Woodlands and beyond.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I live in Pearland and have never seen a surge or yellow, but I'm just finishing my second week. I now leave my Uber phone in the car at night so I don't obsess over it.

I was driving home from IAH this evening and was offline. I got an Uber text saying demand was huge with a 2.8 surge. I went online and there wasn't even a single yellow area.

The surge map seems to update every minute or so. I don't drive past 8pm and I don't think I've seen a surge area last for more than three minutes. It's fruitless to chase them.

The last three days have been surprisingly busy. I drive for three or four hours and the pings are coming pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Nothing has gone red yet. I'm in Sugar Land and still waiting to see if it's ever included. I did email to ask about it but you know how that goes...

If anyone goes to the office for any reason please ask and report back. When they added and extended a surge zone a month or two ago I got an enail. None now so maybe it's all a big experiment to see if well chase yellow into the Woodlands and beyond.
Get ready for $500 fares this halloween and the following repercussions drivers will experience when Uber effectively turns them against us, since it will be our fault somehow. This may have been Uber's strategy, as a lot of the suburbs users have probably never heard of surge.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I live in Pearland and have never seen a surge or yellow, but I'm just finishing my second week. I now leave my Uber phone in the car at night so I don't obsess over it.

I was driving home from IAH this evening and was offline. I got an Uber text saying demand was huge with a 2.8 surge. I went online and there wasn't even a single yellow area.

The surge map seems to update every minute or so. I don't drive past 8pm and I don't think I've seen a surge area last for more than three minutes. It's fruitless to chase them.

The last three days have been surprisingly busy. I drive for three or four hours and the pings are coming pretty quickly.
These zones are just in preparation for halloween. You think drivers are excited about it? I'll bet Uber is way more excited about it than drivers are. They're going to make 50 times as much this halloween if all these new surge zones are 10x. But I bet drivers won't make any more than they did last year.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These zones are just in preparation for halloween. You think drivers are excited about it? I'll bet Uber is way more excited about it than drivers are. They're going to make 50 times as much this halloween if all of Houston is 10x. But I bet drivers won't make any more than they did last year.
I didn't drive for Uber until January and I've heard all about Halloween from my pax. I suspect many who got burned last year will make other arrangements plus we have way more drivers. I'm not expecting it to be like it apparently was last year. Remember NYE 2014-5was a bust compared to 2013-4.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I didn't drive for Uber until January and I've heard all about Halloween from my pax. I suspect many who got burned last year will make other arrangements plus we have way more drivers. I'm not expecting it to be like it apparently was last year. Remember NYE 2014-5was a bust compared to 2013-4.
True but I think Halloween is a different beast. There really is a ton of demand that night and surge will simply have to come on, and once they turn it on, they seem to get carried away.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
True but I think Halloween is a different beast. There really is a ton of demand that night and surge will simply have to come on, and once they turn it on, they seem to get carried away.
When did the surge start last year? Was there any during the day or just the evening?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I got a run that took me into Pasadena(130am). The yellow stretched from there into downtown. As soon as I dropped off I got a ping toward Clear Lake. Dropped them into Pasadena then went to 45. Took them to Pasadena. I left the app on and came home.
I saw about half a dozen cars pulled over near Beltway 8 by the cops. Seems Pasadena needs Uber bad. :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
These zones are real and they are here to stay. The new zones are all too big. Most of the new ones need to be chopped up into 5-6 smaller zones.
You have to understand what drives yellow/orange/red to begin with. Once you know and understand this all makes perfect sense and is a good thing..

·
Registered
668 Posts
NYE2014-5 was a build up similar to OTC. It SUCKED just as bad also. Every damn Uber driver was out. I've had Tuesday afternoons that I made more $$.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts