Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone accept or get promoted for the new terms? I had a message in the partner app last week saying they're coming but never got prompted and now it's gone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not me. I do Eats and I have not received the new terms. Strange the message still is there on my app that I would get new terms on 25th and only by accepting them will I be able to go online :):)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that's the message. Mine has gone and haven't accepted any new terms either. Seems another whoops by the world's best technology company.

I'm sure it'll come when we least expect it. In the middle of a high surge of course!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guessing you don't drive then, as this isn't what was said/advised would happen.

It's after the 25th, I haven't accepted the new terms anywhere and can still log in. Which I'm not meant to be able to do until I accepted the new terms.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
Guessing you don't drive then, as this isn't what was said/advised would happen.

It's after the 25th, I haven't accepted the new terms anywhere and can still log in. Which I'm not meant to be able to do until I accepted the new terms.
I drive in a different state, and haven't seen any in-app messages about new terms coming into effect.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
Ok well this is a Melbourne forum.... These term changes only apply to Melbourne people due to Ubereats etc.
You made no mention of Eats in your o.p. My post is still relevant though, any changes to terms relevant to you should be available in the Partner Dashboard in the Profile section.

Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Document

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm guessing GJ was being sarcastic...good at being ironic especially
I'm aware.... you really think I sat up all night doing that!? hahaha

You made no mention of Eats in your o.p.
and? I didn't need to. It applied to ALL MELBOURNE DRIVERS, not just eats drivers but the changes to the terms only applied to the Eats T&C, UberX remained the same.

Anyhow, let it go. you didn't get the message, you're commenting on something that doesn't apply to you. Melbourne drivers got it, the message said nothing about going to the 'web site' to accept the T&C and as it turns out, its another Uber nothing event!

But as you must, here was the message

Updated Technology Services Agreement

On Monday July 25th, all uberX driver partners will be asked to accept a Technology Services Agreement which applies to delivery services.

The agreement applies to you if you provide delivery services on the Uber platform and only when you are providing delivery services.

For all driver-partners, the terms of your agreement to access the uberX platform remain unchanged.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Okay, I 'fess up and I didn't sit up all night. Nonetheless it was a strange turn-of-events where this long awaited change of conditions for all UberX drivers never appeared. Like God, Uber often moves in mysterious ways!

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
I'm aware.... you really think I sat up all night doing that!? hahaha

and? I didn't need to. It applied to ALL MELBOURNE DRIVERS, not just eats drivers but the changes to the terms only applied to the Eats T&C, UberX remained the same.

Anyhow, let it go. you didn't get the message, you're commenting on something that doesn't apply to you. Melbourne drivers got it, the message said nothing about going to the 'web site' to accept the T&C and as it turns out, its another Uber nothing event!
I never suggested anyone would have to go to the website to accept any new T&C. What I said was: "Any change to the service terms would appear in your Partner Dashboard under Profile -> Contracts". So if there have been no changes there, it's a safe bet that new terms haven't been put in place without you being aware of it. That process is the same regardless of where you are, and regardless of what services might be affected by an updated to terms.

·
Registered
144 Posts
taraaaaaa... the new terms are here finally.

Looks like I can now deliver using any means I like not just the registered X car. If a motorbike, I pay Uber 35%. If another car, I pay 25%. Can someone who hasn't accepted sporadic joffie remind me the 25% clause exactly? I think I was too quick to accpt the terms I forgot to read in between the spaces. I can't quite remember if it is any car or any mode of transport other than motorbike...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Push Bike was meant to be 35% from memory...... Cause lower running costs, so Uber takes more!?

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
This is in line with what the SYD drivers are getting. They up the % commission if you're using an unregistered car. So now it's 25% if the car that you're driving is not registered on the X platform. Though I fail to see how they will actually enforce that. Mightymong sent you a PM with my further opinions on that.

taraaaaaa... the new terms are here finally.

Looks like I can now deliver using any means I like not just the registered X car. If a motorbike, I pay Uber 35%. If another car, I pay 25%. Can someone who hasn't accepted sporadic joffie remind me the 25% clause exactly? I think I was too quick to accpt the terms I forgot to read in between the spaces. I can't quite remember if it is any car or any mode of transport other than motorbike...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.