Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an e-mail from UBER outlining the new referral bonus.

For the first time EVER they are taking about NET income, not gross fares... Of course, because it finally suits them to do so.

Everything else is always about fares/hour, total fares, etc...

Amazing!

2x earnings, no extra trips

That’s right, — we'll match you dollar-for-dollar on every fare. Invite 4 people to drive with Uber using your referral code, help them take their first trip by August 20, and we’ll double your earnings for the week of August 8 in addition to your standard cash referral reward.

For example:
$750
Your net earnings for the week of August 8
$1,500
What you'll take home with your earnings doubled

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
They'll lose most of their drivers so it makes sense they would offer it now. Someone could actually make a lot money off of this.

·
Registered
435 Posts
They'll lose most of their drivers so it makes sense they would offer it now. Someone could actually make a lot money off of this.
If you think you could make money off this I have a bridge to sell you. Introduce 4 new drivers so 4 times the competition in your area for dbl the money? So double of 1/4 equals more to you?

Uber knows that after July 15th any Toronto based partner which btw if you ask Uber is any Partner Signed up IN THE GTA will be deactivated. I've heard Uber telling media they are expecting a drop of nearly 60% of all drivers throughout the GTA. I changed my partnership to Hamilton even though I live in Burlington just to stay active. They are so desperate they are evening letting cabs take uberx rides now which btw the Cabs ratings are awful people hate the new cab ride feature more that uber pool. I don't think Uber will stay a float in Canada much longer if they need drivers to spend all this money for the wages they are offering.

·
Registered
205 Posts
They have lost over 60 % of driver in Edmonton so Ubereats trips are mixed with all trips you have to be careful to avoid them. It now takes over 15 minutes in a lot of places to get an Uber X but very few surges. Not like what it used to be, thats for sure. Still no raise is prices only during surge times.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Probably if they used 3% of the money they spend in promotions, referals and guarantees paying the drivers they already have, there wouldn't be a need for for all this BS.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just got an e-mail from UBER outlining the new referral bonus.

For the first time EVER they are taking about NET income, not gross fares... Of course, because it finally suits them to do so.

Everything else is always about fares/hour, total fares, etc...

Amazing!

2x earnings, no extra trips

That's right, - we'll match you dollar-for-dollar on every fare. Invite 4 people to drive with Uber using your referral code, help them take their first trip by August 20, and we'll double your earnings for the week of August 8 in addition to your standard cash referral reward.

For example:
$750
Your net earnings for the week of August 8
$1,500
What you'll take home with your earnings doubled
I didn't get this email

1 - 9 of 9 Posts