Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Uber’s drivers

I drive many cabs in different countries, some rideshare app are running and supported by government, there are no any percentage taking from driver ( example uber 25% ola 16% karru 22% ). I believe, definitely among Uber’s driver community we have some professional people that can develop an app and makeing it runs.
Am sure some professional people’s can work together, and way not using Uber’s driver for advertising for new app it’s definitely easy.
I hope this message can read by most driver.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
supported by government
This is your biggest hurdle.

The state and federal goverments combined spend BILLIONS of dollars per year subsidizing public transport. By allowing rideshare companies to operate they can minimise these expenses and let the rideshsre companies pick up the costs, these companies pass the costs onto the driver.

The Federal goverment is also saving money by allowing rideshare. They do not have to pay the dole and other conessional allowances to many who would be on the dole if they weren't driving rideshare.

You are not alone in your idea. I think in the USA there was a City where they did not allow uber to operate and some entrepreneurs set up their own app. A key to their success was They werent competing against uber.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The dole, yeah a few could be taken off that system, but not many.
Depends on the applicable demographic / cohort in which Uber is operating.

In the big cities in Australia, as well as the suburban area around those cities, there are noticable majority of Uber drivers who appear to be overseas students and/or visa holders with no apllicable skills to real long-term emplyment. Many of these drivers are not eligible for Unemployment benefit.

When you look at many typical Uber driver in regional areas they are more than likely retired/semi-retired who may be too young for full-pension benefits but do not want to go on the Dole. There are little, or no employment prospects for the older generation in regional areas and if so they may be offered emploment 100 km's away.

In the USA for example Unemployment benefits are only paid if you have had a job - then only for a limited time. Uber exploits this because they know drivers HAVE NO OTHER OPTION and will work for $5 per hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts