Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So, I know that I'm never making the kind of money that Uber has advertised but I'm interested in using Uber to keep me afloat while in school. Let's just say my needs are minimal at 1k/month (well, what I would need from Uber). My questions/concerns are:

1. I'm not riding around in a newer car, a 2001 to be exact. It's a cute (to me, adorable) hatchback Ford Focus that takes no more than $30 to fill a gas tank. (I filled it from E to F on $24 just yesterday!) Everything works, it's just older... how badly will it affect my ratings?

2. Doing this PT, can I realistically see 1k during the month? Net. After gas and everything.

Thanks for the responses in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
You can but may have to work all weekends to do so. Then again, Chicago is over saturated.

Ever considered doing commission sales? You can make so much more than uber

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You drive the perfect vehicle for Uber. If you can dedicate 20 to 30 hours per week driving, then $250 is realistic. Try to concentrate on the weekends when demand is high and there are surges. Make sure you check with your insurance company... you may need to switch insurance companies.

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
Hey everyone! So, I know that I'm never making the kind of money that Uber has advertised but I'm interested in using Uber to keep me afloat while in school. Let's just say my needs are minimal at 1k/month (well, what I would need from Uber). My questions/concerns are:

1. I'm not riding around in a newer car, a 2001 to be exact. It's a cute (to me, adorable) hatchback Ford Focus that takes no more than $30 to fill a gas tank. (I filled it from E to F on $24 just yesterday!) Everything works, it's just older... how badly will it affect my ratings?

2. Doing this PT, can I realistically see 1k during the month? Net. After gas and everything.

I thought that UberX required a 2007 or newer car? Did they relax this?

As for your goals, you probably can, just don't get hooked. Some nights I have to remind myself to clock out.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Any fully paid for 2000-2008 ride is ideal for Uber a

Reactions: UberTaxPro

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Older cars will most likely affect your ratings. You'll have to work weekend nights 8PM - 3AM (bar rush/last call) when rates are surging to make the cash. It's going to take about 30+ hours a week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought that UberX required a 2007 or newer car? Did they relax this?

As for your goals, you probably can, just don't get hooked. Some nights I have to remind myself to clock out.
It was recently relaxed a couple of months ago if I'm not completely mistaken. It was a rolling 10 when my sister signed up a year ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Older cars will most likely affect your ratings. You'll have to work weekend nights 8PM - 3AM (bar rush/last call) when rates are surging to make the cash. It's going to take about 30+ hours a week.
Yikes. I was expecting shitty. Not 30+ hours to only make 1k shitty though, lol.

Mainly want it for the flexibility with school but it still needs to pay a bill or two O.O

Anywho, I've gotten in some pretty shitastic cars that I've always wondered how they were ever able to stay on the system, so I'm hoping that my cute hooptie doesn't make the hipsters give me 1 star or something. Maybe I should put lashes on it and they'll think it's cute and retro lmao

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
I'm hoping that my cute hooptie doesn't make the hipsters give me 1 star or something. Maybe I should put lashes on it and they'll think it's cute and retro lmao
Hooptie sounds like a 75 Cutlass with spinners... Ford Focus isn't what came to mind. I think only tall people will have issues... ;)

·
Premium Member
13,239 Posts
So if they relaxed it, I'm going to start shopping for an old Rolls and have the interior coated in plastic like my grandma's living room furniture, and install a plexiglass partition. Then I can do X, Black, Select, what have you, and let the drunken masses wallow in the vomitorium back seat... :)

Sorry, long week and I'm a little punchy.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts

perfect car for uber. Don't worry about ratings....we'll all be deactivated eventually

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hooptie sounds like a 75 Cutlass with spinners... Ford Focus isn't what came to mind. I think only tall people will have issues... ;)
Ha! Didn't even think of the tall people. Down here in the land of high cabinets and tip toeing we don't have those problems :p

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you're at the right places at the right time,you will make $300/wk net. Spend some time to familiarize yourself to the demand trends of your city and go out there. Good luck..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts