Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm very excited to start but haven't yet because I'm also nervous. I thought that I was going to be able to know the riders destination before accepting a trip, but after giving the app a try I realized you can't always know for sure. I did read about selecting the clipboard after accepting and it gives you the destination only if it were entered. What if the destination is one I feel uncomfortable going to? I'm a female and just want to feel safe.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm very excited to start but haven't yet because I'm also nervous. I thought that I was going to be able to know the riders destination before accepting a trip, but after giving the app a try I realized you can't always know for sure. I did read about selecting the clipboard after accepting and it gives you the destination only if it were entered. What if the destination is one I feel uncomfortable going to? I'm a female and just want to feel safe.
if you really want to make money you need to accept almost all trips and just get experience finding out your best spots to be at depending on where you live and the best times to drive, dont worry about the destination

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
One thing I've been doing recently is starting the trip as the person is walking to my car, keeping the doors locked. If I don't like the destination, I cancel before they can get in, and tell them my EZ pass is expired and therefore I can't to through tolls.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
One thing I've been doing recently is starting the trip as the person is walking to my car, keeping the doors locked. If I don't like the destination, I cancel before they can get in, and tell them my EZ pass is expired and therefore I can't to through tolls.
You can't cancel a trip that you already started so I'm not quite sure how you are cancelling after you start a trip that isn't actually even started. It sounds like you're ending a trip that never occurred. That's definitely not a good idea.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
You can't cancel a trip that you already started so I'm not quite sure how you are cancelling after you start a trip that isn't actually even started. It sounds like you're ending a trip that never occurred. That's definitely not a good idea.
Why's that? Uber always gives me a message "trip ended too early, why" to which I tell them "do not charge rider". My ratings have not taken a hit ever since I started doing this.

NYC trips are hardly profitable and after terrible experiences going to LaGuardia and JFK you bet I'm not gonna waste my time with those type of trips again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts