Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pahahahahahaaaa
Obviously this doesn't include rideshare drivers lol!!!!
Yup
Ato chases you for tax but ignores the fact that you are earning far less than the legal requirement so that riders get a chesp fare and vote for the politicians that support ride sharing
NICE

·
Registered
523 Posts
Actually he has backed up his claims a lot of times, including screen shots. You just have a one eyed view on everything ride sharing and are pro taxi industry, so wtf are you doing on an Uber forum?
Wrong again. He has not backed up anything. 3 cheers for your side if you want to endorse a snake oil salesman. Says a lot about your position on this forum

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I offset my low weeks with Uber by running 2 online shops. I just love driving and a people person. Money is still some what good since I can't really do physical labour anymore and retail/office work is the Pitts. Min wage is that's all you do I guess. This day and age there are countless ways to make $$$.
Good on you! What ecommerce do you use? Just wondering :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you ever need more features or something more tailored for the aussie market, couriers etc try ozcart or neto. I started out using bigcommerce & shopify but found they were lacking compared to these. One would have certain features the other wouldn't etc this was about 4 years now so can't remember what it was exactly and they may have also updated since then.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you ever need more features or something more tailored for the aussie market, couriers etc try ozcart or neto. I started out using bigcommerce & shopify but found they were lacking compared to these. One would have certain features the other wouldn't etc this was about 4 years now so can't remember what it was exactly and they may have also updated since then.
I should add, by the time you count the add ons with shopify and bigcommerce, the aussie one's are good value. They might seem a bit more exxy at first but they typically have everything. And the support is awesome, local phone call and people who really know the product.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I should add, by the time you count the add ons with shopify and bigcommerce, the aussie one's are good value. They might seem a bit more exxy at first but they typically have everything. And the support is awesome, local phone call and people who really know the product.
So ozcart is a ehost and eccomerce....it actually looks pretty good.

Nod does ozcart have products for you to sell if you can't find something yourself?

Just reading over their site

·
Registered
366 Posts
No products Angel, they look after pretty much everything if you need, even designing site. I did myself but another site they did, was awesome for the $.

As for sourcing product.. thats the million dollar question, need to find a niche, preferably something with high margin and low weight/cubic

The trade fairs os are awesome, can see millions of products all at once. Negotiate with a supplier and go from there, much quicker and easier, otherwise you can employ people to source and check quality control os.

5-6 years ago it was difficult as you had to order a large amount and bring in 20 or 40 ft containers, these days they are just happy to get orders and you will be totally shocked at the price you can buy product for. I have been sourcing os since 2005 in my previous job. Back then it was much more difficult.

If you come up with an idea I can put you in touch with some people os who would be able to check it out possibly and negotiate.

Crazy domains are cheap for Aussie domains and email and are reliable, personal is enough. SSL buy through US, 1/4 the cost of here.

For graphic design and logo design fiverr.com. You will pay around $20 for a good logo with revisions as opposed to $500+ here

I don't mind Shopify. Everything is set up now and would be a pain to change around. Both stores are doing well so I don't want to be offline.
yeah it is a pain, although you can set it up and have it offline so everything changes over seamlessly, I've done it 3 times with downtime of less than 1 hour, most cases it was around 20 min.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.