Uber Drivers Forum banner

New Lyft Weekly Guarentee

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Whistler 
#1 ·
Just got this, probably other drivers got this too. New weekly guarentee is for 20 rides for $200 total. This means if after 20 rides the driver makes less than $200 total, then Lyft will make up differance.

example: if driver makes $7 per ride, so $7 x 20=$140, then lyft will make up the $60 differance from $200.

If I read the terms correct, it say "Weekly guarantees are based on your take home ride earning"

I guess Lyft is losing drivers like myself due to unachieveable bonuses and trying to lure me and others back.

Need you guys to figure out what this will cost lyft if anything. My guess is its worth $2 or less per ride for lyft. My guess example: earnings approx $8-$8.50 per ride, so $8.50 x 20= $170, so lyft pays $30 to make up differance.

God forbid you get a long trip, then Lyft pays $0.00 and you endup doing $20 trips at base rates. If you do any primetime rides, then your earnings go up and bonus is again $0.00.

Thanks but no thanks, I'm pretty sure I can net $200 after 20 rides if I elect to do the rides. Another worthless bonus to trick stupid drivers who can't do math.

Bonus to do right for drivers should be $60 bonus for 20 rides not tied to earnings, just straight bonus for rides.

LYFT WAKEUP............................ Product Font Screenshot Material property Magenta
White Light Black Blue Font

See less See more
#4 ·
Lyft does not have the war chest of $ that Uber has.
I go for the CR bonus with Uber in the am.
After CR rides are done, I turn on both apps to maximize ride revenues.
There is room for both players.
Should Lyft fold, so would Uber incentives.
Ultimately; both have to raise rates to sustain a business model over the longer term.
How long will the investors continue to subsidize riders ?
I believe we are approaching the inflection point this year; sooner rather than later.

#8 ·
Lyft has been regularly sending me 970 for 90 rides - no mention of 90% acceptance rating required. (I have 36 Lyft rides in 2018 TOTAL. I only use Lyft when I need to use their DF.)

FWIW my good PDB is 500$ for 165 rides (85 peak) both of which are crazy numbers because I haven't even done 165 rides EVER on Lyft.

My crap PDB is 105$ for 60 rides (45 Peak).

IDK why Lyft even bothers sending me emails ... with those crappy PDB offers I would never drive for Lyft over Uber.

#14 ·
The most I ever did (in one week) on Lyft was 120 rides and that took me 52 hours (last September), and I'm too old to drive that many hours.... I only had 2 lines that had matches which is why it took so dang long. Maybe there are more Lyft lines now ... idk ... (but 150 rides with 85 Peak... LMFAO ...that'll never happen.)

#12 ·
Lyft Guarantees suck. The objective is to make as little money as possible per ride...so you get paid the difference.

When I drive, I want to make as much money as I can per ride.
I check it still says "Maintain 90% acceptance rate" then delete it.
So long as they refuse to fix that, they can f off.
Are you sure? There is no mention of 90% accepanacc rate in the app nor the email. I will contact them to confirm that. Otherwise , only moron would drive for that shit.

#10 ·
Lyft guarantees make no sense. I rarely drive Lyft and this week they offered 85 rides for $975. Problem is this; if I get to 85 trips and I've only made $700, they bonus me the $275 and all is well and good - but if I want to keep driving, then I'm working for money that I've already earned until I get to $975. They are incentivizing us to hit the guarantee and then immediately stop driving. A fixed (consistent) tiered bonus structure is the way it should be, like Uber PDP was before they changed it to Quest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.