Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If everyone from your area only drives on surges, there will always be a surge.
I hope you understand that.
When everyone keeps their app off , it creates a surge. So, if you only turn your app and everybody does the same, everyone will always
be driving on surge prices. If you use this method surges will be non stop all day.
it's working in new jersey..
I drove on 2.3 and 2.7 surges all day..less hours more money

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
When everyone keeps their app off , it creates a surge. So, if you only turn your app and everybody does the same, everyone will always
be driving on surge prices. If you use this method surges will be non stop all day.
Agreed! Good job man! Which areas did you drive, Hudson County?

1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Hudson city, never made it. I was getting clobbered with surges.
I was in Kearny, Newark,Montclair and Passaic the whole time.

I am looking at the app now 11:43 pm and every place is surging like crazy.. Even Butler , Dover, mahwah, Clark..I mean everywhere.

If we all stick together in Jersey we can clean up.. come on lets do it!

Let's outsmart UBER

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
No Hudson city, never made it. I was getting clobbered with surges.
I was in Kearny, Newark,Montclair and Passaic the whole time.

I am looking at the app now 11:43 pm and every place is surging like crazy.. Even Butler , Dover, mahwah, Clark..I mean everywhere.

If we all stick together in Jersey we can clean up.. come on lets do it!

Let's outsmart UBER
Good for you man, I was in those areas but my power steering pump broke lol. I'm out of commission likely for a few days.

1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man I read that before..So sorry about that.. But
Don't worry you will get it fixed fast and make that money back before march..Good luck man!
Let everyone know when it's fixed.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Drivers have been trying to get other drivers to do this for quite a while. One of our board mates was deactivated for trying to organize that this time last year. Other drivers that I know have been doing this at EWR since the rate cut and believe it or not many drivers refuse to cooperate even after it has been explained to them.

1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drivers have been trying to get other drivers to do this for quite a while. One of our board mates was deactivated for trying to organize that this time last year. Other drivers that I know have been doing this at EWR since the rate cut and believe it or not many drivers refuse to cooperate even after it has been explained to them.
They are not smart Uber drivers and are only hurting themselves and their cars.

·
Registered
971 Posts
North Jersry is on surge baby!!!! Only new idiots will stay online at 85 cents per mile. I see Newark and some suburbs getting crazy surge lately. That was never before. I will not go there just for surge. I drive 2 miles for surge and I get nothing when I get there anyway. Luck luck luck. That it with Fuber now. One little story. I pick up this pax in Hoboken one day at 3.5x surge. While I was waiting for him the surge went down to 1.4x. I was scared that he will cancel or don t show up( happens all the time ) but the guy just got the ride from Hobok to Clark Nj. I went home after that. I made my money in2 hours instead of 10. Thank you TK.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am a newbie and I am having a hard time catching surges. I did a total of 11 rides and only got 3 surge rides. I took me a total of 4hrs. I was in Jersey city, Livingston, CLark,Springfield,Maplewood, Union etc. I was on Rte 22 right in a all red surge area and didn't get a hit. Not sure what the hell I am doing wrong. But I am down for what ever.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Listen Justin Beiber. Everyone on this forum knows to keep their app off til a surge appears because we're all informed. The problem is getting the ignorant west african and pakistani drivers that don't read (even in their own language) to do it too.
Megatron,
Please, have some sense. I dont believe you are that idiotic. Unfortunately not all people know of this website, so they dont no
of the plan. Just a little common sense, and the next thing stop attacking other ethnic group. Look at your self.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Drove weekends for these people all over North Jersey for almost a year. I shouldn't have to explain what made me throw that damn "pinger" into the Hudson river after the last jersey city run!- - Yeah,,I was just trying to do surges back then...but the problem was...you needed a lot of drivers to keep their app off and force the surges. Once and awhile it worked perfect ..but more often ,,people just didn't do it...
Was just wondering what the rate is now in this state? I wasn't doing horrible just doing Friday and Saturday nights,,,,but the beating on the Subaru ,nasty riders and gas prices (much higher then) forced me out of the game. Also, even though we had bad press and a few incidents ,it seems like its gotten a little more scary out there these days- -
Jack from Passaic county sez- - be careful out there -

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I drove thru JC and Bayonnes from 4pm to 6 pm . NO SURGE! It's a waste of time with UBER, just going to wait for my Lyft to get approved. Plus all the TLC plates in the area accepting .85

·
Registered
49 Posts
Still no surge in most CNJ areas including New Brunswick. Lyft is dead. Still waiting for surge to turn on Uber app. Really a slow night.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I wonder if we could build an app that signals a large group of drivers to go offline, then monitors Uber for a surge, and alerts those drivers once it gets to say 3x or whatever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts