Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a retired guy here trying to get out of the house and make some change, meet new people, blah, blah, blah. Is it worth chasing surges when they're 40 plus miles away? I live in Newnan and am trying to make it work but it gets pretty slow down here.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have no idea where that is but 80 miles round trip for each shift that's a lot of dead miles
Try it if you want
But know that you would have to make more than twice as much as where you are now to make it worth your while

·
Registered
49 Posts
You're going to have to experiment. I wouldn't drive 40 miles chasing a surge...never drive more than a few miles chasing a surge.

You're be better off committing to work the Buckhead/Midtown bar district on Fri&Sat and head in around 7-8p and plan to stay until 1-2a.

Also, if in Newnan, try going online in the 5a - 9s window M-F. Might get some airport and business traffic.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
just a retired guy here trying to get out of the house and make some change, meet new people, blah, blah, blah. Is it worth chasing surges when they're 40 plus miles away? I live in Newnan and am trying to make it work but it gets pretty slow down here.
what made you want to start driving for 78cents a mile?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I live out in Carrollton and come into town for work. I do it for about 4 hours after i get off my regular job. And i may drive in on Saturdays and do it but its only if theirs a lot going on in town. I cant really justify coming in on .78 mile, or lets just be honest here .63 a mile after they get their cut.

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
I live out in Carrollton and come into town for work. I do it for about 4 hours after i get off my regular job. And i may drive in on Saturdays and do it but its only if theirs a lot going on in town. I cant really justify coming in on .78 mile, or lets just be honest here .63 a mile after they get their cut.
then 6cent/mile if you throw in IRS deduction...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I take classes in Newnan and have to get back home, are you available on Wednesdays and Thursday's around 10:30-11am??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts