Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.png
image.png

just received this weird new guarantee for the weekend. wtf is a earning boost??? what do you guys think? good thing or a bad thing??

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Earnings boost appears to be only from california ave east to lake in downtown chicago area, and North of 290! no where else. trips must be from that area. Pride Parade. Nope. Not for $1.30 a mile. maybe 3x, but not 1.4x, Its going to surge over that anyway in that area. Dont be fooled to going down there and killing the 5x surge plus!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think they have to be completed in the area. But it could be just originate. like regular surge does.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What a joke. For those of us in the suburbs, this new "guarantee" means we get nothing. And, it doesn't apply to SELECT fares. Looks like I'm back to SELECT only.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What a joke. For those of us in the suburbs, this new "guarantee" means we get nothing. And, it doesn't apply to SELECT fares. Looks like I'm back to SELECT only.
I fully agree. I live in the FAR south suburbs so now I have to drive an hour to get to that guarantee zone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like uber doesn't want any drivers out in the suburbs LOL you would have to be a fool to take a job in the suburbs at regular rate after they pulled the hourly guarantee. I have yet to try it but it doesn't look to me like you can make any money with this new program. Back to those shit ass Chicago roads I guess

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
At least Uber is being honest and forthright. Lyft is really deceitful with their guarantee. Whenever I "opt-in", I'm pretty much guaranteeing myself less income for those hours. It includes the suburbs, but the Pings are withheld and timed to keep you from completing the 2 rides per hour minimum out this way. It's very frustrating to see yourself getting fewer rides, simply because you foolishly opted-in to the Lyft "special weekend guarantee". Opting-In is like attaching yourself to a slot machine that's specially programmed to rip you off during those guarantee hours. At least that's how I'm feeling so far this weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I made $196.38 in 7 hours, driving the boost surge area. Which is the same if it was a $35 guarantee($28 after ubers cut) $196 for 7 hours.

The difference you lose a lot more money with boost, since I had to do 20 trips instead of doing 7 trips with guarantees. I really hope they don't kill guarantees.

Uber always finding a way to defeat drivers and make us do their bidding. Prob whats next is 80% pool acceptance rate or no boost for trips.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I just finished the boost promotion and as I suspected the hourly guarantee is definitely the better deal at $40 an hour. Last Friday I did the $40 an hour promotion drove 4.5 hours completed 6 trips and netted $85 from the guarantee. Tonight I drove 4.5 hours completed 17 Trips (1 pool because I wasn't paying attention) and netted $41 in boost / guarantee.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I made $196.38 in 7 hours, driving the boost surge area. Which is the same if it was a $35 guarantee($28 after ubers cut) $196 for 7 hours.

The difference you lose a lot more money with boost, since I had to do 20 trips instead of doing 7 trips with guarantees. I really hope they don't kill guarantees.

Uber always finding a way to defeat drivers and make us do their bidding. Prob whats next is 80% pool acceptance rate or no boost for trips.
Uber isn't trying to defeat drivers they're trying to design programs that put us first! They even say so! I circled it for you! It must be true! Uber would never do anything shady! Disregard I'm sober now! ☺

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If we were getting the boost that LA gets, it might be a better deal. Maybe they will increase it and offer the 3 levels. Like 1.4-1.5, 1.6-1.8 and 2.0-2.2. Or something like that. Depending on how many rides was given in a week. That's what's going on in LA.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts