Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email showing Lyft now has a FIFO at SAN. let's see if it truly works or not. No longer allowed to wait by the pickup spots

·
Registered
297 Posts
Def sucks. That was my main weapon.

I have read on here and heard for over a year from drivers I talk to that it is impossible to make near 1 k /week doing this gig, all the while I did exactly that Mon-Fri doing 8AM -6PM, sometimes an hour or two on Sat or Sun simply to grab any few rides I needed to hit the power bonus. I was mocked and called a liar among other things. I always wanted to explain how the lack of "fifo" zone for Lyft at SAN allowed me to get SAN run after run with rarely more them a 5 minute wait. But I didnt want to expose the fishing hole to every driver and their mother.

Anyway, it was good while it lasted...now the haters are finally right...it will be incredibly difficult to get 1k a week unless you work 70/80 weeks.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Sou
Def sucks. That was my main weapon.

I have read on here and heard for over a year from drivers I talk to that it is impossible to make near 1 k /week doing this gig, all the while I did exactly that Mon-Fri doing 8AM -6PM, sometimes an hour or two on Sat or Sun simply to grab any few rides I needed to hit the power bonus. I was mocked and called a liar among other things. I always wanted to explain how the lack of "fifo" zone for Lyft at SAN allowed me to get SAN run after run with rarely more them a 5 minute wait. But I didnt want to expose the fishing hole to every driver and their mother.

Anyway, it was good while it lasted...now the haters are finally right...it will be incredibly difficult to get 1k a week unless you work 70/80 weeks.
Sounds like you live in or near the FIFO zone. Location is a HUGE game changer in earnings. Most drivers, especially the shift grinders like you don't live in a hot spot and have to commute in to your secret fishing hole; as if LYft at SAN was some sort of secret...

Only the most novice drivers weren't aware of using Lyft at the airport to avoid the uber que. It's ultimately why Uber had to concede losing SAN to Lyft and start surging it. Now Lyft has screwed themselves by using a FIFO. I can only imagine this was forced on them by pressure from the Airport who is being pressured by Uber. Just another reason to NOT drive SAN. Why would anyone wait for 20 minutes to get a $5 ride.

I'd bet on Uber surge at SAN disappearing soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Although I'm very bad at following the advice and rules set forth by the twins, Uber & Lyft, I drove into the new SAN waiting area today. As usual, my Select car doesn't show up on the rider's app! I briefly went on the X platform and of coarse my car magically appeared, as usual.

On a better note, I got good rides from Lyft Monday in my XL/Plus car from the usual places around SAN, not the stupid waiting area. One of those rides was just shy of $200! Thanks Lyft & No Thanks Uber.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Sweet a fenced in lot for drivers! It'll be a cage match in a few days. I'm not gonna be the guy in there when some Grinder loses it and turns the place into their own demolishion derby. Watch out for the SUV guys they live and die by the FIFO code.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
My new grift is going to be using an EMP in the pig pen to knock all the grinders offline and out of the que. I'm gonna be Uber rich and have more $5 runs downtown than I could ever dream of.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you set off an EMP at SAN you would have much more than $5 rides coming your way. Not gonna lie that would be hilarious to see them all get knocked offline, it's not right, but it would be entertaining that's for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Although I'm very bad at following the advice and rules set forth by the twins, Uber & Lyft, I drove into the new SAN waiting area today. As usual, my Select car doesn't show up on the rider's app! I briefly went on the X platform and of coarse my car magically appeared, as usual.

On a better note, I got good rides from Lyft Monday in my XL/Plus car from the usual places around SAN, not the stupid waiting area. One of those rides was just shy of $200! Thanks Lyft & No Thanks Uber.
Are you getting calls on Lyft without being in that staging zone ?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts