Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm a new driver and new forum member, but I haven't started driving just yet.
I had my vehicle inspection early yesterday and my account is still not active, so I'm a tad curious if anyone knows how long this takes, as the Uber reply's to my e-mails have not been especially helpful.

I decided to start doing this for two reasons; firstly its a good gap income as I do a lot of seasonal/intermittent rep work and this would hopefully maintain that extra on top of my full time job off season.
Secondly I always wanted the experience of running a business, filling out BAS, and in general picking times I work.

After spending some time reading the forums I've been hesitant, thinking I've made the wrong decision.

Are many of you guys still driving?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So aside from all my predispositions, I had a pleasant first few days.

Got more then a few surge fares, which I noticed seems to bother people in south Yarra a lot less then in the North. Over all definitely worth driving during the busy weekend nights, I called it off shortly after midnight both nights. Over all netted about $200 after tax, GST and fuel which is pretty good for 7 hours in the car.

Anyone else notice how many young woman travel alone in uber? They must feel safer? Over 70% of my fares were as such.

1 - 2 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.