Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got approved to start driving for Uber and I want to maybe start Lyft too since I've heard that they treat drivers a little better. Anyways, I want to know where are some parts of the Bay Area I could drive that aren't the airports. I've just heard there are so many people at the airports. Are there any parking lots or other areas where there are riders around? I'm thinking of staying in the Bay area since I'm in Oakland.

·
Banned
4,825 Posts
I recently got approved to start driving for Uber
Why?
Lyft too since I've heard that they treat drivers a little better.
U believe that? And what constituted better in what u heard, or did u simply hear the word "better"? Cuz it was Lyft that started that rumor. Remember? It was only about 2-3 years ago. And they have a nice happy cartoon image while Uber has the slick businessy image. Man, that corporate mind bending really works.
#ihatemyspecies

It's little known outside the forum, but fortunately u came here right away. Berekeley and Oakland are extremely hot now. Stay by Fox theatre and College & Telegraph. SF does not allow drivers who started in 2017. They have a database and license plate readers. U will be fined. No one here likes to talk about it, and they deny it cuz they're mean and want u to be fined. But it's happening every day. I think u deserve to know.

Reactions: dennis09 and bt68

·
Banned
6,865 Posts

Disinformation is intentionally false or misleading information that is spread in a calculated way to deceive target audiences. The English word, which did not appear in dictionaries until the late-1980s, is a translation of the Russian дезинформация, transliterated as dezinformatsiya. Disinformation is different from misinformation, which is information that is unintentionally false. Misinformation can be used to define disinformation - where disinformation is misinformation that is purposefully and intentionally disseminated in order to deceive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Wow. Im speechless. Its really paint by numbers nowadays.

But for the record. Lyft is way shittier than uber. Lyft , in its infancy was chill. And on year two of it when i joined. Was great. Its horrid now and whats worse is pax think youre happy and its the humane option for rideshare but the really humane option would be to hop in my car and like that scorpions song, give me the hit between the eyes.

And this is why i come to troll bait threads. A temporary pulpit for my humor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do yourself a favor, turn off your app and look in the job section of craigslist.

But really though, if you want to make money cruise around UC Berkeley area especially downtown. When you feel comfortable go to SF preferably after 10pm. Anything before that can be overwhelming if you are just starting out.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
SF streets can be very hard to navigate. Even tho I've been living in the city for 7 years now I still think they can be challenging, especially that more than 70% of the drivers aren't from the city and cause driving to be just horrible. If you want to drive in the city drive when it's not a rush hour, just like FourOneFive said, at least to get yourself comfortable enough. Honestly, I wouldn't be driving if I'm not going to school. Your back is gonna hurt from extended hours of driving to chase something worthy. TAKE BREAKS AND STRETCH!! Don't say no just for that one 4$ ride bro, it's not worth it. Best of luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts