Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, early this morning was my first Uber trip. Picked up three passengers; all were cool and understand people as I was flustered with using the Uber app on my android phone I just got.

I go to Mt SAC college during the day in Walnut and live in Orange. So I commute along the 57 North mostly. Which cities get a lot of Uber requests? One of the passengers told me Anaheim near Disneyland gets good activity. The city of Orange didn't have anything last night (Halloween). Just drove around aimlessly.
Two of the three customers were from Santa Ana. One of them wants me to be her regular pickup in the morning to take her to work.

Should I venture out to Irvine or Huntington Beach or Newport Beach or Laguna Niguel....?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: What do other Orange County drivers make per month? I need to be able to take home $1500 a month. If I can make at least that much money, I'll be good. Is that a reasonable amount if I'm driving Uber 40-50 hours a week?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
LA Driver, but have driven OC from time to time..

Irvine: Lots of college students and shorties(UC Irvine). Once in awhile you get someone in Irvine to LA.
Newport: especially the weekend nights, bars.
Costa Mesa: Usually back & forth between there and Newport.
Anaheim/Fullerton: can get some good fares, Disney. Some students going to JWA on the weekends, going home for weekends and holidays.

In order for you to make your projected amount you're going to have to work those high peak hours and work the surge. You may have to drive more to earn what you want to make.

Good thing you're in the OC as you won't have to deal with pool. Only when you drive into LA county will you receive pool pings.

Take your time, breathe, always try and stay calm. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm just trying to stay afloat for the next 16 months until I finish school. I'm enjoying driving for Uber but I read lots of complaints about people not making that much. I guess the only way to know for sure if I can live off of the income is to just get out there and drive.
Thank you for the locations and times. Sounds like early evenings, nights and early mornings are good times to drive for most major cities, huh?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello, early this morning was my first Uber trip. Picked up three passengers; all were cool and understand people as I was flustered with using the Uber app on my android phone I just got.

I go to Mt SAC college during the day in Walnut and live in Orange. So I commute along the 57 North mostly. Which cities get a lot of Uber requests? One of the passengers told me Anaheim near Disneyland gets good activity. The city of Orange didn't have anything last night (Halloween). Just drove around aimlessly.
Two of the three customers were from Santa Ana. One of them wants me to be her regular pickup in the morning to take her to work.

Should I venture out to Irvine or Huntington Beach or Newport Beach or Laguna Niguel....?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: What do other Orange County drivers make per month? I need to be able to take home $1500 a month. If I can make at least that much money, I'll be good. Is that a reasonable amount if I'm driving Uber 40-50 hours a week?
I live in Anaheim, close to Disneyland. I have been driving for 6 months. 1k5 is your net or gross? If gross, then you will be fine if driving 50 hours/week. Don't take that girl. Santa Ana is the last place you wanna be in the morning rush hours. Get up early, keep your app offline, wait for the surge then online. Not too hard. Update the event in Disneyland and Angel stadium. Newport in the afternoon is not bad to drive. Stay away from Santa Ana and Huntington. Don't take LAX ride in the afternoon.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Yeah, I think even in the OC there's an over-saturation of drivers. Make note on your app when you see surge in certain locations and their hours for each day of the week. Whenever I'm in the OC I try and stay close to JWA, hoping to catch a fair back to LA, but often times people flying into JWA live nearby, or are going to work nearby. But if you can find somewhere to park within the outlined staging area for JWA pickups you can stay in the Queue. Just remember if you are in the Queue and you get a ping, let's say 14 minutes away in Orange, don't accept it as it is too far away and the pax will likely cancel anyway because you're too far away, or will take too long to pick up.

Garden Grove on weekend nights can be fun. Lots of young people partying. But be mindful, lots of liquor store runs.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Thanks in advance!

Make sure to let it surge if you want to make some reseal decent money. So when you start to notice the hotspots and get the feel for when they start to surge make sure to keep your app off and watch the surge go up. Once it peaks turn on app and hope for long ride. That's where the actual money is. Don't be one of those that just leaves the app on all the time cuz then that shows no need for drivers and slows the surge from getting up there. Also don't take Pool or if you do then don't accept more than one pax. Spread the word.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah, I think even in the OC there's an over-saturation of drivers. Make note on your app when you see surge in certain locations and their hours for each day of the week. Whenever I'm in the OC I try and stay close to JWA, hoping to catch a fair back to LA, but often times people flying into JWA live nearby, or are going to work nearby. But if you can find somewhere to park within the outlined staging area for JWA pickups you can stay in the Queue. Just remember if you are in the Queue and you get a ping, let's say 14 minutes away in Orange, don't accept it as it is too far away and the pax will likely cancel anyway because you're too far away, or will take too long to pick up.

Garden Grove on weekend nights can be fun. Lots of young people partying. But be mindful, lots of liquor store runs.
1h30- 2am.... Gonna be Fullerton man....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Make sure to let it surge if you want to make some reseal decent money. So when you start to notice the hotspots and get the feel for when they start to surge make sure to keep your app off and watch the surge go up. Once it peaks turn on app and hope for long ride. That's where the actual money is. Don't be one of those that just leaves the app on all the time cuz then that shows no need for drivers and slows the surge from getting up there. Also don't take Pool or if you do then don't accept more than one pax. Spread the word.
No pool in OC

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in Anaheim, close to Disneyland. I have been driving for 6 months. 1k5 is your net or gross? If gross, then you will be fine if driving 50 hours/week. Don't take that girl. Santa Ana is the last place you wanna be in the morning rush hours. Get up early, keep your app offline, wait for the surge then online. Not too hard. Update the event in Disneyland and Angel stadium. Newport in the afternoon is not bad to drive. Stay away from Santa Ana and Huntington. Don't take LAX ride in the afternoon.
No, I've only made about $50 so far. I need to make $1500 a month, that includes rent, credit card, car, insurance, food, gas, etc.... That's my goal, to net $1500-1800 a month. That's about the equivalent of a job that nets $12-14/hr.
My school schedule gets in the way in the mornings on Monday and Wednesday. And then I have class from 1-3pm on Tuesday and Thursday.

What times are the morning surges in Walnut and Diamond Bar? I go to Mt SAC college Monday-Thursday so that would work out best for me. I wouldn't have to drive all over hell between cities that are 50 miles away. The shorter I can keep all my driving, the better. Thanks, guys.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts

Oversaturated is not strong enough, it was so bad today I went home by noon. Between the X cars,black, select there was 35 cars plus Lyft cars. That is in a 1mile area. OC airport is always maxed out in que for both services. Worse than LAX.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oversaturated is not strong enough, it was so bad today I went home by noon. Between the X cars,black, select there was 35 cars plus Lyft cars. That is in a 1mile area. OC airport is always maxed out in que for both services. Worse than LAX.
I got surge to LAX from Disneyland this morning so I took the afternoon off today haha

·
Banned
20,770 Posts

Thanks in advance!

2-3k / month after expenses working it hardcore

OC hotspots can be found looking at where the Lyft surges occur, since the Lyft algorithm surges up specific blocks and drops off abruptly (Uber's creeps far and wide, gradually tapering off from an epicentre)

PS nearly all OC hotspots are on or close to PCH

·
Registered
621 Posts
No, I've only made about $50 so far. I need to make $1500 a month, that includes rent, credit card, car, insurance, food, gas, etc.... That's my goal, to net $1500-1800 a month. That's about the equivalent of a job that nets $12-14/hr.
My school schedule gets in the way in the mornings on Monday and Wednesday. And then I have class from 1-3pm on Tuesday and Thursday.

What times are the morning surges in Walnut and Diamond Bar? I go to Mt SAC college Monday-Thursday so that would work out best for me. I wouldn't have to drive all over hell between cities that are 50 miles away. The shorter I can keep all my driving, the better. Thanks, guys.
1500 net, so you need to make about 2k2-2k5 a month

·
Registered
621 Posts
2-3k / month after expenses working it hardcore

OC hotspots can be found looking at where the Lyft surges occur, since the Lyft algorithm surges up specific blocks and drops off abruptly (Uber's creeps far and wide, gradually tapering off from an epicentre)

PS nearly all OC hotspots are on or close to PCH
That's right, especially after the hours guaranteed is gone

1 - 20 of 47 Posts