Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned on my app for the first time about two hours ago. Not a single ping. I wasn't shocked given that I live in desolate Hemet, Ca.

It's pretty obvious I'll have to venture out, which is fine by me. I hate this town and will take any excuse to split.

Anyway, would anyone local to So Cal care to chime in on where I should be lurking about between about 8am - 2pm Mon-Fri for the best shot at some fares?

Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
8a-2p Mon-Fri is pretty much a dead time no matter where you are or what city you are in. Most of your pax will be at work during that time. I'd suggest airports and downtown areas as your best bets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty much locked into those hours unless I want to sacrifice family time and make my wife drop-off/pick up our son. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Palm springs, I mean your kind in the middle of a few places. Look at it this way, where do you KNOW where people are going to and from on that day and time? You should get a beach trip on the weekends.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Palm Springs doesn't have a lot of day time traffic. And while the Air Port is busy -- the tricks to hail a uber/lyft at airports haven't really caught on here. I've got two pax that I get on a regular basis that know the drill. And one has gone as far as to txt me directly with his flight info so I'm around when he arrives.

From Hemet -- I'd suggest Temecula or Riverside Moreno Valley way. RIverside has descent daytime traffic, and there is ontario airport. From hemet you could almost go San diego and have better options than anywhere else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. Things picked up around here on Friday, clearing 55 bucks in four hours. Much more than I expected.

Haven't really nailed down any sort of real pattern, but I have an idea of where to be and when. Even got tipped by one pax. Was a good day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts