Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Toronto Uber community.

So I've decided to start Uber as a part time income source.
I haven't signed up yet as I'm about to get my new car.

I've been hearing all these new regulation policies, and some people say one thing and others say another in terms of the insurance.

From what I understand, I need an insurance policy that will also cover my clients.
Is that going to be instated on July 15?

Does that mean I better sign up before that time? Or is it something everyone must get?

I've been reading quite a lot of posts here.
If anyone is able to provide some up to date guidance in terms of the initial start up that would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Hello Toronto Uber community.

So I've decided to start Uber as a part time income source.
I haven't signed up yet as I'm about to get my new car.

I've been hearing all these new regulation policies, and some people say one thing and others say another in terms of the insurance.

From what I understand, I need an insurance policy that will also cover my clients.
Is that going to be instated on July 15?

Does that mean I better sign up before that time? Or is it something everyone must get?

I've been reading quite a lot of posts here.
If anyone is able to provide some up to date guidance in terms of the initial start up that would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!
It's probably best to wait a few weeks until Uber provides all the guidance.

Download the app and take your car and phone to Canadian tire to take advantage of the free inspection asap.

Once the full list of Uber's interpretation of the new regulations and insurance options are released, please do the math and make sure this is a good income option for you. Until July 15th no one can tell you if Uber will be lucrative or not because of us have the full picture yet. I can tell you that for the past 2 months. Uber has not been very profitable unless you do full time and sleep in your car like Harry70 :eek:

Please feel free to pm me if you have specific questions. I'm happy to help.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts

Download the app and take your car and phone to Canadian tire to take advantage of the free inspection asap.

Once the full list of Uber's interpretation of the new regulations and insurance options are released, please do the math and make sure this is a good income option for you. Until July 15th no one can tell you if Uber will be lucrative or not because of us have the full picture yet. I can tell you that for the past 2 months. Uber has not been very profitable unless you do full time and sleep in your car like Harry70 :eek:

It's is man; this week

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Take me out for dinner I can show u my numbers
I don't need to see your numbers brother.
My statement was based on my and my fellow drivers' experience..

Hitting $200 mark everyday is not normal. If you made it then congratulation for make exceptional earning. (But my doubts are still there;))

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
It's is man; this week
So Uberchampion is right. You eat, live and sleep in your car every single day? How about your family? Uber was designed for contractors so that they can manage time and flexibility in earning money but not literally living in your car. Have a life too you know. YOLO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts