Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Tampa
I signed up to be a driver in Tampa a couple weeks ago, have not made any trips yet, I wanted to learn as much as possible first, so glad I found this forum.
A few questions:
Any female drivers had any problems, bad experiences?
Can you give riders a personal card? I know you can't have them request you personally as it goes by who is closest, , but I used to see cards with a free $20 first ride. How do you get that code and how does it work?
I asked Uber and they said use the same code as my driver referral code. I don't think that is correct.
thank you for any and all info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've heard of female drivers having problems sometimes, especially later at night, but if you can be assertive and demand respect I don't think it will be too bad. I know there are a few female drivers on this forum that probably have more valuable input on the subject.

You can give riders your personal card and there is good money in it, if they take long trips often and like you enough. Make sure they pay through the app if you do it, you aren't covered under any insurance if you're taking passengers for cash.

The referral code is actually the same for driver/rider invites, so the rep was correct on that. They sent me like 1000 business cards for free a few months ago, but I'm not sure if they are still doing that. I really don't make much from referrals because the riders I interact with already have accounts, and more drivers means more competition.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi Tampa
I signed up to be a driver in Tampa a couple weeks ago, have not made any trips yet, I wanted to learn as much as possible first, so glad I found this forum.
A few questions:
Any female drivers had any problems, bad experiences?
Can you give riders a personal card? I know you can't have them request you personally as it goes by who is closest, , but I used to see cards with a free $20 first ride. How do you get that code and how does it work?
I asked Uber and they said use the same code as my driver referral code. I don't think that is correct.
thank you for any and all info.
Yes, that is correct. Use the same code you would use to refer a new driver. DO NOT use the code you used to sign up (if you used one). That code is another driver's. Use the code that's in your App. It's the same code you would give to a potential new driver or rider.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you both. I thought about making up cards, someone suggested that after I take a few rides the site may offer me cards or something, as of now I don't see an option for them on the website.
If I give the riders that code for first ride free, do I still get paid fare?
My plan was to not do late night @ bars for safety reasons.
Also, why are riders referred to as PAX on here, was kinda confused.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see,, ty. Can anyone tell me about the free ride code? Do I get paid anything when using it? Still confused about that. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts