Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Kind of new here, so please forgive the dumb or repetitive question.

If I get a ping that wants to be taken to LAX but I have not taken the LAX quiz to get the LAX placard, can I legally drop the passenger off?

Thanks

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
probably for the best!
I don't know about that. Really depends on what time it is and where he is. That's got to be a real kick in the beachballs when a driver comes and tells you sorry, I'm not going to the airport. Sure you'll miss your flight but I have class in 5 minutes. I was hoping you were a student at the same school I go to so I could make a few bucks on my way to school but I guess I lost that bet. UberOn pax!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know about that. Really depends on what time it is and where he is. That's got to be a real kick in the beachballs when a driver comes and tells you sorry, I'm not going to the airport. Sure you'll miss your flight but I have class in 5 minutes. I was hoping you were a student at the same school I go to so I could make a few bucks on my way to school but I guess I lost that bet. UberOn pax!
Serious question. How do you suggest I do it? Not drive at all until I have the LAX placard?

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Serious question. How do you suggest I do it? Not drive at all until I have the LAX placard?
No. LAX isn't all that but if you live a long ways from it you might not be able to afford to not drive there. Do what you feel comfortable with but just so you know it's against the rules to drop without a placard. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about dropping there but I wouldn't do anything that made me uncomfortable either so it's really your call. Did you take the test? And if so did they email you your temporary?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No. LAX isn't all that but if you live a long ways from it you might not be able to afford to not drive there. Do what you feel comfortable with but just so you know it's against the rules to drop without a placard. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about dropping there but I wouldn't do anything that made me uncomfortable either so it's really your call. Did you take the test? And if so did they email you your temporary?
No test yet. Just approved and started driving and don't want to be in that awkward situation. I'd hope Uber would just know you don't have the Placard and not give you LAX trips but I know it doesn't work that way :)

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
No test yet. Just approved and started driving and don't want to be in that awkward situation. I'd hope Uber would just know you don't have the Placard and not give you LAX trips but I know it doesn't work that way :)
No. And it is awkward because you don't want to disappoint people either and the same time you don't want to get pulled over and frisked and the next step is death by unga bunga and I know you don't want that. If you're really that worried about I'd suggest not driving mornings because that's when the majority of airport drops occur. And if you decide to drop there, don't mess around at the gate. Meaning YOU get the bag out of the trunk, your pax will stare at it until your car is impounded. Tell him to wait for you at the curb and bust your ass around to the trunk, put the bag on the curb, not the street, extend the handle, say thank you and leave. If it takes 30 seconds it's because you tripped and fell down. Don't bother waiting for a tip. That dude would set himself on fire before giving you one extra penny. Just get out of there and I'll give you a 99.999% chance you'll be fine.

Two absolutes:

Uber drivers must remain on the departure level (upstairs) at all times, regardless of what the sign says and

Don't pickup without the placard

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Just send an email to Uber support... they're really helpful with questions like this.:confused::p:D

Reactions: bradmatic

·
Registered
886 Posts
I once asked Uber support what I should do if I got a trip to LAX before receiving the placard and here is the little gem of a response that I got from them...

Hi! Great to hear from you. In the meantime, I would highly suggest advising the rider about not having a LAX permit yet and dropping of the rider to the closest vicinity of the LAX airport. Hope that helps. Uber on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi! Great to hear from you. In the meantime, I would highly suggest advising the rider about not having a LAX permit yet and dropping of the rider to the closest vicinity of the LAX airport. Hope that helps. Uber on!
Dang. If I was a passenger and my driver said, "Hey, see that over there? That's the airport. You gotta get out here because I can't go there" I'd give him the quickest one-star rating known to man.

Uber: Here's 75% of the tools you need to do your job.
Me: When do I get the other 25%
Uber: That's a great question! You'll get the remaining 25% after you pass a quiz, complete some rides, and piss off enough drivers so that you're suspended due to low ratings.
Me: ...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Airport cops are cool, just tell them you're a new driver helping out a local resident get to their flight on time, they'll understand.

Reactions: UbingInLA

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
I once asked Uber support what I should do if I got a trip to LAX before receiving the placard and here is the little gem of a response that I got from them...

That explains why I have been seeing at least one couple every time I go to LAX dragging their bags up the ramp into LAX on Sepulveda. Heck, I hate that last 20 minutes to go 1/2 mile...I think I'm just gonna start doing this with passengers when the wait is too long. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts