Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you have any problems if Uber dropped their surge and started charging $2.50 per mile on all runs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my first run on July 8 with Uber and then on July 16 with Lyft. I have not driven a whole lot and over the first month, not including this week, I have brought in $574 and also $39 in total tips. That is not bad for a part time income. I am a full time college student at 52 years old and I also work full time as well. I still want to know why they advertise you can make $25 per hour but the rates in Orlando are only 75 cents a mile. Seems quite low considering they were told they had to charge $2.50 per mile. I say screw the surge pricing and start charging all riders $2.50 per mile. Had we been making that, my first month would have been close to $2000 and then it would be more like making $25 per hour.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I took my first run on July 8 with Uber and then on July 16 with Lyft. I have not driven a whole lot and over the first month, not including this week, I have brought in $574 and also $39 in total tips. That is not bad for a part time income. I am a full time college student at 52 years old and I also work full time as well. I still want to know why they advertise you can make $25 per hour but the rates in Orlando are only 75 cents a mile. Seems quite low considering they were told they had to charge $2.50 per mile. I say screw the surge pricing and start charging all riders $2.50 per mile. Had we been making that, my first month would have been close to $2000 and then it would be more like making $25 per hour.
How many of the hours were surge or prime. I'm new myself so just wondering. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think only 3 of my trips were Surge, I have done 71 Uber trips to date and 13 Lyft trips, with what I did last night, I am close to $650 for the month.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I am new, only did 2 trips last week to get my feet wet. I live in CT. I do not think it is as busy here as some of the bigger cities, but need to figure it out. Why am I not allowed to drive in other states like NY or MA?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts