Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already passed the background check and my driving record has been checked and I have been approved as an UBER driver in Boston, MA.. I don't have my own car so UBER is putting me in a rental. I opted for this option versus the leasing option because I'd rather save money and finance a car on my own. Renting a car gives me the opportunity to work and have a car to drive in my free time as well. My question is exactly how much it is going to cost? I know that there is a $250.00 refundable deposit plus a $40.00 application fee. When I go to pick up the rental how much money do I need to bring?

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I have already passed the background check and my driving record has been checked and I have been approved as an UBER driver in Boston, MA.. I don't have my own car so UBER is putting me in a rental. I opted for this option versus the leasing option because I'd rather save money and finance a car on my own. Renting a car gives me the opportunity to work and have a car to drive in my free time as well. My question is exactly how much it is going to cost? I know that there is a $250.00 refundable deposit plus a $40.00 application fee. When I go to pick up the rental how much money do I need to bring?
Here's a silly question, why don't you ask the people you are renting from?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Is it
Thru Uber Xchange leasing? It's unlimited miles, I believe?

Did they say it'll be a 2015 or 2016 car, and which models and levels are offered?

According to many all over the site, do not get a new car to lease; it's too much car and too expensive for what you need. Many drivers seem to do fine with a depreciated 2012 or 2013, or older, vehicle.

Ask if any routine maintenance is included, like tires, air filter, and tire rotation. I think all major repairs are your responsibility.

Do you plan to drive nights or days? You'll have to work more than fulltime, I assume, to pay that costly Uber lease. Even drivers who own their cars can struggle at times, it seems.

You may need to drive 200-250 miles daily, which is a grind for some.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's close to a thousand a month for a corolla hahaha don't even think about it they just want you to be 1x hours on the street and by the way the will get the money first every week no matter if you work or don't and if you don't have the money on the system they will get it from your account regardless the situation why you haven't been driving and producing for them.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Should have done an Express Drive rental with Lyft. No application fee, can get the rental for free if you do 75 rides.

Reactions: BostonTaxiDriver
1 - 7 of 7 Posts