Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I searched and couldn't find an answer.

I'm new but I don't know the areas where I can pick up/drop off pax. If I pick one up in LA county what's the furthest I can drive them to? Do I have to stay in LA for all pickups or can I make them in other places like OC, IE, Riverside, Ventura, etc.? If not how do I get approved for neighboring cities?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I wasn't expecting that answer, thought I'd have to stick to SoCal. Nice...hypothetically speaking if someone wanted a trip out of state to Vegas or AZ could I take them?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I searched and couldn't find an answer.

I'm new but I don't know the areas where I can pick up/drop off pax. If I pick one up in LA county what's the furthest I can drive them to? Do I have to stay in LA for all pickups or can I make them in other places like OC, IE, Riverside, Ventura, etc.? If not how do I get approved for neighboring cities?
When your car hits the county line, it will turn off internally. Just get to the nearest off ramp and another Uber driver from that county will be waiting for him. Hopefully he has one to trade you with...like baseball cards.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Wow I wasn't expecting that answer, thought I'd have to stick to SoCal. Nice...hypothetically speaking if someone wanted a trip out of state to Vegas or AZ could I take them?
Uber does not work in many parts of San Bernardino County. Would you really like to drive back all those dead miles? Tell the guy that you will drive back for $150 cash. That should pay for your fill up and 4 hours of time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I mean after doing the math it doesn't seem worth it nor could I fit driving a trip like that into my schedule, just curious what the rules are. They really don't explain much to new drivers, do they.

·
Registered
890 Posts
donniejepp You can drive anywhere, as long as the pick up was in LA County. Then, after you drop off the pax, let's say in another county like OC, you can pick up riders there for a few hours. You don't have to bring those riders back to LA county. After a few hours, you will not be able to accept rides in other counties.
When you come back to LA county, your app will log off. Just log back in and it's back to normal.

Now, don't go to another county without a rider and try to pick up over there, unless you get an uber account for that county. LA county drivers can't pick up in other counties, unless they just dropped off someone there from LA.
Same goes for OC and other counties.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tough spot. You can try your area and also north around El Monte and West Covina. If not, closest to you would be Downtown LA, Glendale, Pasadena and nearby. Coming to the Westside may not work out for you, since you'll lose an hour coming and going. DTLA areas are closer and just as good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah so far I've only driven one day and taken 2 trips, both started by my house in Alhambra. One took me out to Baldwin Park, hung around there for 15 min. but no pings. Next one took me out to MacArthur Park. Still feeling my way around this gig, just doing it for beer money at this point.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Not true.

donniejepp You can drive anywhere, as long as the pick up was in LA County. Then, after you drop off the pax, let's say in another county like OC, you can pick up riders there for a few hours. You don't have to bring those riders back to LA county. After a few hours, you will not be able to accept rides in other counties.
When you come back to LA county, your app will log off. Just log back in and it's back to normal.

Now, don't go to another county without a rider and try to pick up over there, unless you get an uber account for that county. LA county drivers can't pick up in other counties, unless they just dropped off someone there from LA.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not true.
I've personally dropped off in OC and San Diego. And accepted rides soon after my drops in those counties. I'm not the only one. Search this forum and you will see that LA County uber drivers can drop off in other counties and take on rides soon after in that other county.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
When your car hits the county line, it will turn off internally. Just get to the nearest off ramp and another Uber driver from that county will be waiting for him. Hopefully he has one to trade you with...like baseball cards.
Now that's funny shit. Like a relay race. Haha!!

Yeah you have to meet at the top of the 73 and hand over the passenger and the toll. ;-)

Man he's new take it easy on him

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I've personally dropped off in OC and San Diego. And accepted rides soon after my drops in those counties. I'm not the only one. Search this forum and you will see that LA County uber drivers can drop off in other counties and take on rides soon after in that other county.
He was talking about the part you can only pick up a few hours after you drop off. That's the part that is not true.

I went to San Francisco without anyone and was able to uber on X. So I know for a fact that's a lie. Peeps should be more responsible with the accuracy of the information they provide to other members.

Please share your experiences that you couldn't pick up after a few hours in a different California county.

SumGuy please elaborate on the part of Not Me post that isn't true

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

This is absolutely BAD information!!!
You don't need an account in separate county's and you won't get kicked off after a few hours. You could start and end in any county without special permission.
I have driven in 5 different county's without getting any certain permission or set up to my account.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts