Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Those are very nice numbers for a newbie. Well done.

We'll have one in early June. Jo3030 is looking into a Nats game for a Meetup.

Reactions: 3.75

·
13,039 Posts
They hook you in, get you good and early.
Once you think it's all good, they will start peeling back and not sending you as good pings
Then the new newbies will get the pings you USED to get.

I used to think it was just a joke but it's real, to me, damn it.

·
26,230 Posts
Jo3030 is looking into a Nats game for a Meetup.
Unless it is a game that GF and I already have, I will show up for that one. If it is a game that GF and I already have, I will come up for an inning or two to have a hot dog with the Deplorabubbles. Of course, if GF has the doctor, or something, I can not come, then.

Uber may or may not fluff drivers
There have long been rumours that it does fluff the new drivers. What is funny is that when I first signed on to UberX (and I had been on Uber Taxi for over one year, by then), I was getting all of these Dulles Airport trips at base rates. I did not want those trips (and STILL do not). I do not get them, now, and am glad for it. The rookies and the ants can have them, at base rates. I will be allright with them at 1,8, or greater, but, even then, I would prefer local and mediocre trips.

What is really funny is that I get more trips to Dulles Airport on Uber Taxi than I do on X.

It seems like I can't pick up in DC but it will give me pool requests in DC (out of state license)
Is your licence not from The District of Columbia, The State of Maryland or the Commonwealth of Virginia? You do need local licence and registration to pick up in the District of Columbia. Perhaps they circumvent it on the Pools because eventually, they can give you a pick--up in Maryland or Virginia, but, I do not know. If you are a military guy, you might be able to get an exemption.

That's funny
The District of Columbia does require D.C., Maryland or Virginia licence and registration. It was something that DFHV added as a matter of policy. The leadership at DFHV and its predecessor agency never really has liked Uber, so it does what it can to make things difficult for anyone associated with it. Uber Taxi does seem to be the exception, but that might be due to its being restricted to cabs registered in D.C. There is this prevailing attitude against the suburbanites in the D.C. Government.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
Unless it is a game that GF and I already have, I will show up for that one. If it is a game that GF and I already have, I will come up for an inning or two to have a hot dog with the Deplorabubbles. Of course, if GF has the doctor, or something, I can not come, then.

There have long been rumours that it does fluff the new drivers. What is funny is that when I first signed on to UberX (and I had been on Uber Taxi for over one year, by then), I was getting all of these Dulles Airport trips at base rates. I did not want those trips (and STILL do not). I do not get them, now, and am glad for it. The rookies and the ants can have them, at base rates. I will be allright with them at 1,8, or greater, but, even then, I would prefer local and mediocre trips.

What is really funny is that I get more trips to Dulles Airport on Uber Taxi than I do on X.

Is your licence not from The District of Columbia, The State of Maryland or the Commonwealth of Virginia? You do need local licence and registration to pick up in the District of Columbia. Perhaps they circumvent it on the Pools because eventually, they can give you a pick--up in Maryland or Virginia, but, I do not know. If you are a military guy, you might be able to get an exemption.

The District of Columbia does require D.C., Maryland or Virginia licence and registration. It was something that DFHV added as a matter of policy. The leadership at DFHV and its predecessor agency never really has liked Uber, so it does what it can to make things difficult for anyone associated with it. Uber Taxi does seem to be the exception, but that might be due to its being restricted to cabs registered in D.C. There is this prevailing attitude against the suburbanites in the D.C. Government.
My point was that I felt like I've always done more fluffing than Uber lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts