Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
75+ rides M-F and you should get plat. 45+ for gold. 30+ for silver. Drive at least once for hourly. Should show up the following week, however since youre a new ant, you may not get incentives. The incentives were enacted for the grumpy oldies here to keep on the road.

·
Registered
147 Posts
don't focus on doing just 75 rides. Focus on doing 150. You probably won't get to 150 but you need to have the mentality of doing 150 rides. Reason being is that you might have rides that won't count towards the incentives and then you will get the isolated long rides that net you a lot of money for it but yet get you out of focus for the platinum that you are shooting for every week.

Once you get the hang of how it is, then you can start cutting corners like say taking sundays off because you're already at over 100 rides by saturday but for now, you gotta basically be a trooper=live in the car for as many long hours as you can to achieve the status week after week without being lazy.

The other reason for me saying about the 150 rides when you only need 75 is that los angeles uber drivers are very saturated. You can really separate from all the lazy ones out there 100 percent by proving you are an extreme trooper. My opinion is that we are lucky so many drivers in los angeles core are focused on taking their next vacation. Don't be that guy to worry about vacation thus losing platinum status unless you have the money in the bank after driving for about a year or other means of course. In other words, there are too many ones who are focused on the surge, and yes a surge can net you a nice big 1 here and there but that's not in the long run. Being able to get an isolated surge ride is just that 1 time thing where you can get lucky and make 50 bux for it more or less, but there's no way that you can count on it all the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am starting for my first week how can I qualify for recieve incentives
You gotta want those incentives man! You want it? Then you gotta ride like there is no tomorrow. Get up at the crack of dawn and start riding while every one else is in their warm bed. At night when everyone else are turning off their partner apps you need to keep riding. When your body and mind is telling you to quit for the day push out 4 more rides. You gotta want it Ab85. Now get on the road and ride you son of a b*tch!

·
Banned
6,928 Posts
don't focus on doing just 75 rides. Focus on doing 150. You probably won't get to 150 but you need to have the mentality of doing 150 rides. Reason being is that you might have rides that won't count towards the incentives and then you will get the isolated long rides that net you a lot of money for it but yet get you out of focus for the platinum that you are shooting for every week.

Once you get the hang of how it is, then you can start cutting corners like say taking sundays off because you're already at over 100 rides by saturday but for now, you gotta basically be a trooper=live in the car for as many long hours as you can to achieve the status week after week without being lazy.

The other reason for me saying about the 150 rides when you only need 75 is that los angeles uber drivers are very saturated. You can really separate from all the lazy ones out there 100 percent by proving you are an extreme trooper. My opinion is that we are lucky so many drivers in los angeles core are focused on taking their next vacation. Don't be that guy to worry about vacation thus losing platinum status unless you have the money in the bank after driving for about a year or other means of course. In other words, there are too many ones who are focused on the surge, and yes a surge can net you a nice big 1 here and there but that's not in the long run. Being able to get an isolated surge ride is just that 1 time thing where you can get lucky and make 50 bux for it more or less, but there's no way that you can count on it all the time.
You could of just said stay online for 80 hours and take every request.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Remember, Uber tells you when you qualify for incentives... You first have to reach your new driver sign-on bonus. After that is paid, Uber will send you some sort of new driver tiered incentive (but not the Boost). Uber may test your resolve by sending no incentives to see if you are willing to drive for base rates. If you receive no incentives, then do not drive. That is the key; Uber needs to realize you are not working for $0.90/$0.15.

You may get an hourly promo; do it. That will at a minimum get you to Silver Boost the next week. Then work your way up to Gold the following week. If you can do 75+ rides a week, then work your way up to Platinum.

But the key that Uber needs to know you are not driving for base. The minute you drive when you do not have an incentive, Uber will not send you any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts